shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve decided that...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ''dream life'' includes having my home located in an area where we could support, run and fund a no kill cat sanctuary (help MC out with her problem... or just buy her house since it seems to be a santuary by default), complete with FIV contained area while also owning a jewelry store I so I could become a PS vendor (after taking a lot of classes so I don''t scratch my head when JohnQ and Oldminer, Neil, Rhino and the others start talking).

Your turn. Dream life?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a wonderful dream life! Saving cats and looking at sparklies! Yum!

You have no idea what a cool time this comes at because DH and I were just talking about our dream lives, too. I just got my first full time job (yay for finally being a "big girl" lol). He wants to own his own welding shop where he can work from home and do fun projects.

I am really artistic minded and love to write, so I want to start a cafe and shop where we sell neat teas and coffees, along with a bookshop filled with awareness books about environments and cultures. I could do my pottery as well as my poetry and art for selling. DH is really great at photography, so he could do that for the shop, too. And I also want to start an environmental newsletter about helping our local and worldwide environment. HUGE dream, but hopefully one day we can do it.

*M*

PS... GREAT THREAD! I love hearing everyone''s dreams!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to do what I do now, but less hours. Maybe 3 days a week 9-4 with an hour lunchbreak. Or I could do 5 days a week 9-1 or so. Weekends and all holidays always off. Always a week at Christmas, a 3-week break in the summer, and a 2 week ski vacation every winter. And have fiance work the same sort of hours. So we could be there when our future child(ren) come home from school.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I like your dream life, Gypsy. Can I have it?
2.gif

Actually, DH and I decided we''d love to run a secondhand book store and do nothing all day but read old books and talk to people about them. Now if there''s some way to incorporate jewellery into that dream, that would be perfect
2.gif
I actually quite like my part-time job of being a jewellery journalist, so maybe if I could do that full-time that would be great too!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I would have a lot of money and buy my husband all the cars he''s ever wanted.

I''d buy a bunch of land and build a beautiful victorian style home on it. I''d have enough room for a pug farm and give them their own area of the property.

I''d buy a 1957 Ford T-Bird and customize it - pink exterior paint with crome details, wide whitewall tires and pink, black and white leather/cashmere interior. I''d also buy a bright red Mercedes SL500 - and one for my mom too.

I''d pay off my parents bills, and my in-laws'' bills too. I''d make sure that my (future) kids had college paid for - same for my future nieces and nephews - even for my bosses soon-to-be 3 children.

I''d make sure that my boss could retire because he works so hard and our clients don''t always appreciate what a nice guy he is.

I would have a lot of jewelry. Even more than I have now (I''ve been holding out on y''all). I''d have eternity bands in every gemstone available. I''d have a different "set" for every outfit and occasion.

I would also donate money to our church - even though I don''t always understand the teachings and even though I''m not a very good Catholic lately.

I would open my own dance studio and have REAL adult beginner classes so the 20-somethings wouldn''t have to dance with teens.

I''d donate money to various causes that I belive in - the humane society, cancer research, organizations that help sick people of all ages.

I''d give money to the poor and apply my time and talents to making other peoples lives better.

Lastly, and most importantly, I''d thank God for all the good that he''s done for me and thank Him for giving me the blessing of being able to do all of the things listed above.

Jess

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 9:35:10 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
I'd make sure that my boss could retire because he works so hard and our clients don't always appreciate what a nice guy he is.

I would have a lot of jewelry. Even more than I have now (I've been holding out on y'all). I'd have eternity bands in every gemstone available. I'd have a different 'set' for every outfit and occasion.

Jess
I loved reading the good people would do!!!! This is a wonderful thread and makes me happy happy happy.
9.gif

Jess, I think it is the sweetest thing about helping your boss out! I love that!!! Okay, we need pictures of the jewelry you are holding out on showing us.
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I had all the money I would start a not for profit accounting group to help other not for profits take care of their books so they could put more time and energy into helping out in what is important.

I like Jess's idea of buying hubby cars. My husband loves to tinker on car so I would buy him whatever cars he likes to work on for fun.

Okay now I am getting silly but I would pay family members debts and make sure everyone had fresh fruit all year (since I love fruit and you can't always get it). That part might make me a diva, right?!
2.gif
heeheee

I would love to have an antique collection or maybe museum to educate people on diamonds through various eras.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love to refinish old/antique furniture. I wish I could turn that into a profit maker. And who wouldn''t want to get paid to read? I could own a cozy bookstore (SO not barnes and noble!!) or get a proofreading job. (those errors seem to leap off the pages at me.) OF course, all of this would happen while I was still able to spend lots of time with my family.

1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 7:51:33 PM
Author:Gypsy

My 'dream life' includes having my home located in an area where we could support, run and fund a no kill cat sanctuary (help MC out with her problem... or just buy her house since it seems to be a santuary by default),
Does this mean you'll pay off my mortgage for me?! lol
2.gif

A few weeks back on the radio, there was a discussion about a person who had inherited quite a bit of money and ended up using the funds to run a cat sanctuary and I too have thought if I had ever was lucky enough to win the mega millions, I'd run a no-kill shelter. Sadly though, there are SO many cats, and I think it'd cost a small fortune to hire loving staff that would be able to keep up with all the fury little ones and that is why most places only take so many kitties in real-life situations. . .

I actually have my "dream" job, but it's not what I had imagined. I had planned to be a stay-at-home-mom for a few years, but now, after having two boys, I wonder WHAT was I thinking. Not only is this a tough job, it is an UNPAID tough job!
3.gif

For the future, I'd LOVE a yoga & pottery studio combo located out on some beautiful country-side villa. Wouldn't that be fabulous? I use to make pottery but haven't done so since having my first son.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, great thread! I love your no-kill cat sanctuary dream, I''d be right there with you supporting the little furballs!

Okay, my dream life:

- Home/Family: Buy some serious acreage to start a family compound. I envision our parents, my grandmother, our siblings and their future families all living in cozy homes on the compound. Over time we''ll build community structures--mini movie theatre, pool, rec center, etc. And of course, the entire compound will be fenced in so our doggies can roam free in safety.
1.gif
I''ve always dreamed of having a family compound. (I''ll let you know when we get there.)

- Professional: Be a novelist. You know, one of those novelists that actually earns enough money to write full-time. I envision myself spending lazy afternoons in the local boutique bookstore with my FI, the dogs, and a laptop . . . FI would have a job that is even more flexible and requires even less time than his current job. Then we could spend more time together. (Who am I kidding? My real dream: to be independently wealthy. Then I wouldn''t really care if the novels sold, would I?)

- When I''m gloriously and independently wealthy I will spend my time pursuing new experiences (think tango dance, learning calligraphy, travel, etc.,) enjoying the company of the people I love, and supporting philanthropic causes that are close to my heart.

Now I''m in that hazy state induced by serious dreaming, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results