shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve decided that cottage cheese is not consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
First, let me apologize for the randomness of this post.

Cottage cheese seems to be one of those things you either love or hate. I''ve always been a fan, but only would get the urge to buy it maybe once a month. At the store, I would pick out a brand, milk percentage, and curd size that I thought I remembered liking. I''d go home, and most times I would enjoy the cottage cheese. But sometimes the consistency would be different than I expected (too watery or too thick and gummy) or the taste would just be DIFFERENT. At that point I would always assume that I just incorrectly remembered what kind of cottage cheese I liked. So then the next time I would want cottage cheese, I would try a different brand or milk percentage or curd size. Sometimes it would taste better, sometimes it wouldn''t.

Now that I have gestational diabetes, I''ve been eating a TON more cottage cheese because it''s one food that it seems I can have any time of the day, with a meal or as a snack, that doesn''t really affect my glucose levels at all. So I''ve been buying it much more consistently, and this time I''m 100% positive that I bought the same brand, milk percentage, and curd size 5 times in a row, and 4 out of the 5 times it tasted the same, but this last time it was totally off. It wasn''t bad, and definitely hadn''t expired, it just tasted different and was much thicker than usual. Anyone else ever notice this?

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m no help to this one. I think I''d rather do a shot of tabasco sauce than eat a spoonful of cottage cheese. My DH advises you to call the company and complain about the inconsistancy... he say''s they''ll send you a free coupon (he''s done this, with frozen pizza
20.gif
)

mochi

Ideal_Rock
YES!! I thought it was me... I eat cottage cheese in the mornings most times because it doesn''t affect my blood sugar (type 2 here). I would buy 2-3 big containers of them a month. Seems like Breakstone cottage cheese is the most consistant. I can tell the difference in taste (mainly) when I purchase other brands (most seems a bit sour).

The Friendship brand isn''t bad either.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine - I totally agree! I''ve noticed it too!

I LOVE cottage cheese. I have to second the Breakstone recommendation. I get their singles and they seem pretty consistent in terms of taste and consistency. That is a really odd thing about cottage cheese though.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:55:59 AM
Author: littlelysser
Sabine - I totally agree! I''ve noticed it too!

I LOVE cottage cheese. I have to second the Breakstone recommendation. I get their singles and they seem pretty consistent in terms of taste and consistency. That is a really odd thing about cottage cheese though.
Me three for Breakstone''s! I actually have my container sitting next to me now, its part of my lunch. Its the only one I purchase: 2% milkfat, small curd. Its been pretty consistent as far as I can tell.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I have never heard of Breakstone''s. I bought Daisy cottage cheese and HATED it!

Someone told me to shake the containers. If you don''t like it runny then can tell by shaking. And vise versa! :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Breakstone''s! That''s all I buy.

I don''t like those individual-serving packages, though. I think the cottage cheese in those is inconsistent, and I hate that it produces extra waste. I usually buy the big container of Breakstone''s and I''ve never had a problem, but I LOVE cottage cheese, so maybe my palette just isn''t that sophisticated.

My favorite is cut-up cherry tomatoes in the cottage cheese. Yum!

Sabine--My mother doesn''t like cottage cheese so she eats fage, instead. Maybe that''s a good alternative for you? I think Mara''s a big fage fan, if you try it out she probably has some good tips for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results