shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been spoken to...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
So I think I''ve got it! I''ve finally got that...this is the one feeling! I''ve talked to Gene, and I''m sending the check out tomorrow!
36.gif
36.gif

emer.png

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that its tiny! Its about .29 caracts and 4.3mm. Here are some possible setting ideas.

This one''s from SingleBbeautiful on Etsy. linky

rawcircsol.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Any thoughts? Ideas? Its little, but I want it to be able to hold its own.

I usually wear the Tiffany nature ring on my right ring finer, so I already know I love engraved styles link to Tiff Nature but I''m wondering if number two will be
too similar to it? I do really like number two though.

Also, do would yellow gold accent the color of the emerald better? Is silver fine?

Do you think bezeling it might darken it too much?

I appreciate all honesty!
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
PS. I also like this linky

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey! i love the emerald- I''ve been eyeing that but I''m glad you took the plunge it looks like a great little gem

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous color!
I vote for the first setting!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooops. I forgot to vote, but I actually like the first one better, and it seems to give it a little more protection too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s such a lovely colour. I’m with the rest on the first setting to make it look larger and to give it some measure of protection.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone. The nice thing about emerald is that it''s not dense, so a 30 point stone might look like a half carat something else.
31.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I do like the slightly halo-ey effect of the first one. Yellow gold or silver though? Or a yellow gold head with a silver shank?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2009 4:27:18 PM
Author: szh07
Thank you everyone! I do like the slightly halo-ey effect of the first one. Yellow gold or silver though? Or a yellow gold head with a silver shank?
I like the way it looks right now, with the yellow surround the stone then wrapped up in white/silver on the outside

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 4:33:37 PM
Author: D&T

I like the way it looks right now, with the yellow surround the stone then wrapped up in white/silver on the outside

On the setting? It looks like its all silver to me?

Hehe, I was just thinking to myself that I know I must have picked a good one if you, TL, Chrono, and Kribbe all like it!
31.gif
The feedback I got the last time I posted a native cut with a window and gray too...well..not such great feedback on that one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first etsy one. We saw a few like that this weekend and they were small but packed a HUGE punch. YAY for you!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Great buy szh07! Every time I saw that stone I was surprised that no one had purchased it and considered it myself a few times.
36.gif
Glad you''re giving it a good home!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
the color is so grass green..nice stone..definetly go with the first setting..oh man..nice color..wow

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color - I really like it. I vote for the first setting too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great color and I like the first setting.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:58:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Lovely stone. The nice thing about emerald is that it''s not dense, so a 30 point stone might look like a half carat something else.
31.gif

Thanks! I was surprised that it was 4.3 mm and not smaller given that it is still shy of 1/3 of a carat.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it seems like a serious consensus for the first setting!

Gypsy, where did you go last weekend? A gem show?

Brandy- I kept going back to it and thinking it same thing! I''m guessing because its so tiny. I hope I don''t get CSSS (Colored stone shrinkage syndrome).
5.gif

And thank you Amguy, Marcy, and Lt!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Love the stone!! I''m leaning toward the 1st setting..
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that color-and the 1st setting!!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:02:18 PM
PS. I also like this linky
I really like this one! I also have the Tiff ring that you have and I also wear it on my right hand. I think this ring here is very similar in style but not really - both hands will coexist! I guess I am in the minority here - as usual!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
In terms of style, another vote for #1. I also like #3, but I''m worried that shank would just be too tiny if these proportions would be used for a 4.3 mm stone. In terms of metal, it depends on some things. Bezel will darken the stone a bit and I''d check to see if it won''t turn out too dark once bezeled. And a silver bezel could darken it even more than a gold one (at least you''d get a perception of it being darker) due to the stronger contrast of green/silver as opposed to green/yellow. So think about all this. Also, not sure how secure and all-silver setting would be in the long run. Hope this helps.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My preference is a yellow metal setting as well. Are you able to get #1 in yellow?

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 5:58:54 PM

Hehe, I was just thinking to myself that I know I must have picked a good one if you, TL, Chrono, and Kribbe all like it!
31.gif
The feedback I got the last time I posted a native cut with a window and gray too...well..not such great feedback on that one.

It''s okay, we are all learning. I have an appointment to go learn more about colored stones too! (*hint hint* more photos of more stones to come...)

I like the YG head with a WG shank.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2009 5:58:54 PM

On the setting? It looks like its all silver to me?

31.gif
9.gif
it looks two tone to me on my screen, maybe the milgraining effect is throwing me off, but I like that idea too
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 2:46:06 AM
Author: ma re
In terms of style, another vote for #1. I also likhttps://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/edit.asp?mode=reply&pageNo=1&num=30&type=reply&catID=1&forumID=11&topicID=122698&replyID=2045398&quote=0#e #3, but I''m worried that shank would just be too tiny if these proportions would be used for a 4.3 mm stone. In terms of metal, it depends on some things. Bezel will darken the stone a bit and I''d check to see if it won''t turn out too dark once bezeled. And a silver bezel could darken it even more than a gold one (at least you''d get a perception of it being darker) due to the stronger contrast of green/silver as opposed to green/yellow. So think about all this. Also, not sure how secure and all-silver setting would be in the long run. Hope this helps.

Ma Re, that helps a lot! I also like number three, but I think the emerald is just too tiny to work with that setting. I had never thought about silver being more of a contrast than gold, but it makes a lot of sense. The emerald is green, which is essentially blue and yellow. Therefore, yellow gold would be less of a contrast. I will certainly think about this, and post pictures as soon as it comes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results