shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been sitting on my Asscher for nearly 3 years...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
an amendment to my previous idea.... you could do blue white blue a little closer together then a gap and another blue white blue for a total of 3 groups of 3. JAT.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you've been sitting your your Asscher for 3 years I sure hope the culet wasn't facing up.

Ouch!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it how men love diamonds here on ps!

I really think your project is going to come together beautifully and should be masculine enough. I can''t wait to see pictures of your asscher and the beautiful little blue diamonds. Congratulations for you and your partner!

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Oh and here is a pic of my dual finish Ti ring from Boone rings... satin and highpolish, its quite the contrast!

metalsatpol.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 10:37:10 PM
Author: kenny
If you''ve been sitting your your Asscher for 3 years I sure hope the culet wasn''t facing up.

Ouch!
LOL that was my first thought too when I saw the topic.
Ouch! LOL

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 10:32:15 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/5/2007 5:58:00 PM
Author: asquareguy
Well, I finally got this to upload (I think).

This is what I saw that made me think of blue and white melee together in a simple band.

So, just the blues, the blues alternating with WF ACA's, what do you think?

Would the addition of white stones make the blues 'pop' ?
hmmm..... it looks like this ring has 8 stones - 4 of each.... to get 6 of each you'd have them closer together and I kinda like them spaced like this.... you could have the two extra blues set with the asscher, but you mentioned you didn't want that.... you could set like two blues one white two blues one white for a total of 9 stones - that might be cool! the two blues could represent your individuality and the whites your unity :)
Sorry, to elaborate...

That ring I posted earlier with the 2 colors of melee was just to show what blue and white look like together in a similar size as my stones, not really the spacing.

I was thinking 6+6, alternating traditionally - white, blue, etc.. maybe even 6 blue on one side, 6 white on the other...still up in the air on this (I do see the comments, so far all being pro blue-only, though).

The spacing would be something more like this pic...

421_2.jpg

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 9:49:19 PM
Author: Scott 00
Oh and here is a pic of my dual finish Ti ring from Boone rings... satin and highpolish, its quite the contrast!
Scott,

I''ve not seen this pic you''re posting, I do like the satin finish, it looks like what I had in mind. Photos on the web can be deceiving, you know? And having to make decisions of photos over the web, argh...

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
If you''ve been sitting your your Asscher for 3 years I sure hope the culet wasn''t facing up.

Ouch!
Well, I picked a humorous title to distract folks form the fact that I did not yet have pics of my stone(s), however I just checked the USPS tracking site, and found that my ring has been received by WF from Bruce Boone, so I hope to talk to Bob tomorrow to discuss the band.
36.gif
36.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the diamond-spacing of that last gold ring you posted.
But I'd only use the 6 blues, they are just so special.
Then the only problem is 6 are not enough to go all the way around the ring.
If you only mounted them on top with the rest of the ring bare you'd forever be rotating the ring to keep the stones on top.

So I'd get the ring made with those two funny semi-square edges on the bottom that prevent the ring from rotating on your finger.
You can't see the funny edges when you wear the ring.
This way you'd always see the 6 blues since they would always be face up.

To me the addition of whites are just functioning as fillers.
Using *only* your blue diamonds will put the ring in a different league.

Again, all just my opinion, and worth what you paid for it.
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2007 1:34:05 PM
Author: strmrdr

If you've been sitting your your Asscher for 3 years I sure hope the culet wasn't facing up.

Ouch!

Ouch! LOL

Come to think about it "down there" might be a very safe place to store a loose diamond.

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 2:17:03 PM
I like the diamond-spacing of that last gold ring you posted.
But I''d only use the 6 blues, they are just so special.
Then the only problem is 6 are not enough to go all the way around the ring.
If you only mounted them on top with the rest of the ring bare you''d forever be rotating the ring to keep the stones on top.

So I''d get the ring made with those two funny semi-square edges on the bottom that prevent the ring from rotating on your finger.
You can''t see the funny edges when you wear the ring.
This way you''d always see the 6 blues since they would always be face up.

To me the addition of whites are just functioning as fillers.
Using *only* your blue diamonds will put the ring in a different league.

Again, all just my opinion, and worth what you paid for it.
9.gif
Kenny,

I have thought about the ring in a blues-only format quite a bit, additional to what we''ve already posted (spacing, blue-only vs blue/white):

If I use the spacing I just posted, it is true that they will only span the "top" portion only, not an entire half. But I think that if you think of your hands as we see them most commonly, the areas right at 9+3'' oclock (basically the east and west meridians) are not visible, so I would prefer them basically in the areas between 10+2 o''clock, assuring high visibility. Does that make sense?

I did consider a squared back shank (Euro shank) to keep the stones on top, but given that I have large hands and the ring will be solid platinum, I think I''ll be OK without that detail. Funny, though, when I saw this photo, I really liked the idea. Enough to have searched for 8 stones, finally settling on the set I have. I think this ring is gorgeous !

gauthier1.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think 10 to 2:00 would be better than 9 to 3.

The blues would have more impact and it wouldn't look like you were trying to give the appearance that they went all the way around the ring.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, I love your stone! So many options!

I think it totally sucks that you and your guy can''t be legally married where you live. Hopefully Georgy boy will be out of office in 2008 and a more open minded president will help influence the states ways of thinking.

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 4:47:54 PM
Author: asscherisme

I think it totally sucks that you and your guy can''t be legally married where you live. Hopefully Georgy boy will be out of office in 2008 and a more open minded president will help influence the states ways of thinking.
Asscherisme,

Thank you for the support...if there were more like you...and more like you that can have husbands and friends who would vote affirmatively, then more of us can step in to marriage.

My Parents were married 57 years when my Mom died in ''05 and my MIL/FIL were married over 40 years, when she died in ''04. So, we come from families of traditional backgrounds.

I heard a comic say that she thought this should be voted through, and that a way to do it would be to disallow any divorces of currently married folks until same-sex marriage was allowed...that would start swaying some votes...another comic says that we should have the same right to married unhappiness as straight folks, but, seriously - any movement has forward and backward steps...but I am a big romantic, and I truly long for this, and have for years.

again, thanks !

35.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
I love Asschers! What is the ct of the stone?

You should come up here to MA and get married, it would still be legit in NJ? Right?

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 10:56:30 PM
Author: Fashionvictim

You should come up here to MA and get married, it would still be legit in NJ? Right?
Fashionvictim,

Actually we were set to do that very thing, but Mitt Romney (Outgoing Governor) found a very old law (not used for decades)that he could use as a loophole to stop out-of-state folks from marrying in Mass., so only Mass residents are able to marry there.

But, thanks for the invite!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh I vote for the half blue half white - with one side being blue and one white :) another poster was considering that and I''m really bummed she didn''t do that - I think it sounds fantastic!! Though the ring she got is pretty too :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 2:18:33 PM

Date: 1/7/2007 1:34:05 PM
Author: strmrdr

Ouch!

Ouch! LOL

Come to think about it ''down there'' might be a very safe place to store a loose diamond.
oh kenny - eat some of this yellow pie here ::spoons curd:: BTW some of us women are lucky enough to be endowed with "treasure chests" that can secret away ring boxes without a trace ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 4:47:54 PM

there''s no hopefully about it - law says 2 term limit! :D

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 11:43:06 PM
ooooh I vote for the half blue half white - with one side being blue and one white :) another poster was considering that and I''m really bummed she didn''t do that - I think it sounds fantastic!! Though the ring she got is pretty too :)
Cehraberha,

I did not see that thread, could you point me to it? I''d like to see her outcome...

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My husband, and our friends are very much in support of gay marriage as are our friends. And we vote! :)

Yes on that comics line of allowing everyone an equal right to marital unhappyness. Thats pretty funny!

My family was the opposite of yours, divorce rampant and alcholic parents etc etc. Your parents and inlaws are a true rarity and what a great longevity they have had. And I look at how some states make gay adoption impossible and it upsets me. My parents had no problem getting pregnant and having kids and were horrible horrible parents and awful to each other and thank goodness they finally got divorced. Why can people like that get married and have kids and 2 people who love each other not get married and if they choose have a family? Aggggg, so backwards.

BAck on topic, I think blue would look great with the asscher. Unique and I think it would look great.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 12:08:35 AM
My husband, and our friends are very much in support of gay marriage as are our friends. And we vote! :)
We are too.... our friends are all sapphire blue through and through :D Unfortunately in oregon the voters were in the minority on this
7.gif
And I see the yes on 38 stickrs all the time still even though it was like 4 years ago
7.gif
It passed already, you can scrape it off! Of course someone didn''t hesitate to scrape off my "No More Bushit" sticker.... ugh how rude!!! oh well.... Now as for your question, it was kcoursolle and here is the threa she mostlt alked about it but thereare at least 5 threads about this so if you click on her avatar and list her threads you should find a ton of stuff :) BTW her avatar IS the ring she chose made by WF :) https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-decide-came-up-with-another-idea.51970/

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, that is terrible. They are trying to get it on the ballot, but many think gay marriage is here to stay
36.gif
Hopefully, our new, Democrat governor will help you out of state folks!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 12:55:11 AM
Ugh, that is terrible. They are trying to get it on the ballot, but many think gay marriage is here to stay
36.gif
Hopefully, our new, Democrat governor will help you out of state folks!

FV, Cehrabehra, Asscherisme,

Thanks for the positive support.

Not that I dreamed of marrying in NJ..
40.gif
but if MA does get the 2nd vote through the house, this could go to their voters on the '08 ballot, but I do hope the new Gov. can do something about it, I know that he is pro- keeping the marriage law for all..I wouldn't like to see a precedent for repealing enacted same-sex marriage laws, time will tell...

33.gif

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 11:43:06 PM
ooooh I vote for the half blue half white - with one side being blue and one white :) another poster was considering that and I'm really bummed she didn't do that - I think it sounds fantastic!! Though the ring she got is pretty too :)
Cehrabehra,

Well, I think you are on to something, so I talked to Bob at WF about it.

I went over all the details with him, and I think it will end up being a 14-stone burnish-set eternity ring, with the 6 blues all in a row, with 8 ACA melee sones being the balance. They have to measure the blues and get 8 of their ACA's sized the same, then the waxes, etc - all told 2-3 weeks !
39.gif

They will photograph the Boone ring and the blue stones, he said I might get the pics today.

It will be similar to this, but more stones (less space between them than this photo)...so really - it will look like a 6-stone ring from the top (blues), and an eternity ring from the palm side (whites). Or, you could think of it as a 6-stone blue ring with more than just one "surprise" stone on the bottom.
2.gif

cassiopia.jpg

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 10:56:30 PM

The stats:

(original pic fron WF -from 3 years ago, we''ll see if it is easier to see when it is not an avatar)

1.01 CW
D-VVS2, 2 pinpoints
5.47X 5.70X3.59 (1.04 L/W)
Table - 55.6%
Depth - 65.6%
Crown ht - 14.4%
Girdle - Slightly Thick

DI_GIA12777631.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is just stunning.

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 9:13:21 PM
Author: Ellen
Wow, that is just stunning.
Ellen,

Thanks. It is the only thing I have to look at until the new photos arrive, and then after they come in, I can change my avatar.
19.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!!!

Can''t wait to see pics of your ring!!!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 10:02:33 PM
What a gorgeous stone!!!

Can''t wait to see pics of your ring!!!
RINGS, Kenny, RINGS...........LOL
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results