shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s totally not my usual style, but I LOVE this Singlestone ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
...Has anyone seen it in person? Or gotten a quote on it? Don''t know how I feel about the I color, but its probably still way out of my budget at 3cts. Still, a girl can window shop
9.gif
. But the weird thing is..it''s totally not my usual style. I usually go for thin delicate looking rings. And I definitely didn''t think I would go for a halo. But I can definitely see this as a nice upgrade in the future...

SSRCasscher.jpg

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I can't tell from the angle of the picture, but it looks like a square step cut -- which will not disquise "I" color the way a well-cut RB might. Also, the larger the stone, the more the body color becomes evident. But it looks like an antique and so a warmer color would be quite pleasing. You would definitely have to be comfortable in wearing a chunky bold ring if you are used to thinner bands and more delicate styles!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Does it look like it might be a rose cut diamond? Definitely not a modern cut, but it does have a compelling look to it! I like it too!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Melanie,

I love that ring too but haven''t seen it in person. The design of the shank reminds me of violet02''s ring which I''d love to see more pics of because it''s so absolutely gorgeous! Is the stone an antique or a new cut? I would imagine that they would be able to have a smaller or higher colour cut for you if you had your heart set on that.

I know what you mean about not being a halo person and loving SS''s halos. They look so delicate and ladylike.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Love, love the setting but the diamond is pretty meh IMO. Looks shallow. I suspect the windowing would show a lot of skin color?

I had Ari price a very similar setting to that one, and it was around $6800.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have seen that ring in person. If I remember correctly, its an Asccher cut rose cut (sounds funny, doesn''t it?).

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Well, you have good taste, that''s for sure!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Very cool diamond! I think rose cuts are so fascinatingly beautiful. Yum!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 11:51:02 AM
Author: RxTechRN2b
I can''t tell from the angle of the picture, but it looks like a square step cut -- which will not disquise ''I'' color the way a well-cut RB might. Also, the larger the stone, the more the body color becomes evident. But it looks like an antique and so a warmer color would be quite pleasing. You would definitely have to be comfortable in wearing a chunky bold ring if you are used to thinner bands and more delicate styles!
I don''t agree with this. Maybe there is more potential with a step cut but that is not a standard I would hold true. Personally I believe and have seen well-cut step cuts in lower colors that show less tint than RB''s. So I think it has more to do with how well the particualr stone is cut not necessarily whether this square step cut is going to show more color. Personally pictures can be so decieving however this picture does seem to show some tint. So basically I think a well cut step cut can disguise tint very well. Just my two cents.
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results