shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s time...buying new couch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, that style is very classic and I love it. Definitely everydaysuede.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both of the pieces! The dining table looks just like our coffee & side tables (so it is just my style). Did they have any good things on sale? I wanted to go but didn't make it. It's okay, I got a car instead
11.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 2:11:31 PM
Author: EBree
sbde,

That couch you chose is gorgeous! And thanks for the tip about the Performance Twill- we've definitely moved it to our list of fabrics to consider. I love it in the walnut.

fleur-de-lis,

I totally agree- I'd much rather have a low-fuss couch, especially since we're pretty casual people. They don't have D'oro suede as an option, but they do have the Everyday suede...might be similar? And yes, I've got the squirt bottle all ready for my husband.
27.gif

neatfreak,

Thanks for the tip on the pewter color. We might get out at some point this weekend and check out some fabric swatches!

Tacori,

The suede is definitely one of the top contenders, and calling them to see which is the easiest to clean is a great idea! As for the 50% off furniture on Friday, that sounds like a great deal, but we've already got all of these gift cards to PB. I'll definitely check CB's website, though, because if I can find a good deal, we can use the giftcards for other things. Thanks!

I don't know which fabric companies you have over there but I used to work for a higher end/designer furniture store here. If your looking for a durable fabric go for something that is commercial grade or heavy duty domestic (check the martindale rating at the back as well) for wearability the other option to look for is double sided cushions (fabric that goes over both sides) this is awesome when you have guest coming over as you can easily just flip your cushions as needed - also it will extend the life of the sofa as well.

A lot of the suedes are fairly easy to clean especially if they are a non natural fibre, but are really prone to shadowing. A good way to test is to get a fabric sample and spill some water on it, the ones that are easiest to clean will have the liquids bubble up on the top of the fabric rather then sinking into the fibres :). My suggestion is also to look for something with a tightweave fabric (hold a sample to the light the less light that passes through the tighter the weave) they tend to hold shape better and have less sag and wrinkling :). Fabric protecting your sofa is also a really good idea, it will provide a barrier for the stains an a little more assurance, when you clean your sofa though you will need to reapply it :).

ETA: Also machine washing your cushion covers is not always the best thing they tend to lose shape
7.gif

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ebree - we just bought a couch last year from Room & Board in a similar color to the walnut. We found it was very important to have a tighter weave so the pet hair would get so easily caught in it. Also, if you want longer lasting fabric then going with a synthetic material is a must. We were told to have it at least 25% or optimally 50% or more polyester or some synthetic as cotton wears a lot quicker. Cotton will stretch out over time and cotton is also is more porous so stains are harder to get out. Having had a 100% cotton slip-covered couch prior to buying the R&B one I can defintely attest to the difference. Something to consider if you are planning on keeping the couch more than a few years.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
tacori, the biggest discounts were on their showroom items that had been on display for a while. i believe those differ from store to store. can i ask where you got your coffee/side tables from? i''ve already ordered an ottoman (http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p1394/index.cfm?pkey=cfurottlth) but it would be fabulous to find side tables that match the table i ordered. congrats on the car purchase btw...i read on the preggo thread that it''s a jeep - awesome!

ebree, have you decided on a fabric yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results