shape
carat
color
clarity

Its Snowing!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Its snowing in Atlanta! This is a very rare occurrence, so when it happens, its very exciting and the city goes mad.

Everyone left work early, so traffic was a nightmare...it took 2 hours to drive 27 miles! And everyone gets frantic and makes a mad dash to the grocery store. My mom said she saw a news report showing traffic cops directing traffic at the grocery store! and they are already closing schools for tomorrow. Now bear in mind, we might get 1 inch, if we are that lucky!!

Its so fun when it snows here. I had to take pics outside. And my dog wasn''t too sure what to think. Anyway, I just wanted to share b/c the snow dies not come often in Atlanta.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
How funny! I have family in the Marietta area, and they always laugh at the way locals handle snow down there (they are originally from the midwest). Silly southerners
2.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 7:31:44 PM
Author:mintve
Its snowing in Atlanta! This is a very rare occurrence, so when it happens, its very exciting and the city goes mad.

Everyone left work early, so traffic was a nightmare...it took 2 hours to drive 27 miles! And everyone gets frantic and makes a mad dash to the grocery store. My mom said she saw a news report showing traffic cops directing traffic at the grocery store! and they are already closing schools for tomorrow. Now bear in mind, we might get 1 inch, if we are that lucky!!

Its so fun when it snows here. I had to take pics outside. And my dog wasn''t too sure what to think. Anyway, I just wanted to share b/c the snow dies not come often in Atlanta.

Ooooo we LOVE Atlanta! What a great city -- and gotta love the Felini''s Pizza! Also, love the East Paces Ferry drive to Vinings to my favorite jewelry store....and Phipps Plaza!!! Don''t you usually get that beautiful ice on the trees?
1.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 8:19:57 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

Ooooo we LOVE Atlanta! What a great city -- and gotta love the Felini''s Pizza! Also, love the East Paces Ferry drive to Vinings to my favorite jewelry store....and Phipps Plaza!!! Don''t you usually get that beautiful ice on the trees?
1.gif
WOW! you are a big Atlanta fan!! We do get ice on the trees, but its been awhile since we''ve had a winter storm. Its all the talk tonight on TV and radio!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s headed our way tonight, too. The only problem is that I was supposed to be traveling to the mountains tomorrow!!
23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow never comes my way.....* howls*
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
We only got about 2 inches here, maybe 2 1/2 inches. It was 12 degrees when I woke up so I looked for the school closings, and sure enough there''s no school because it''s so so so cold! I''m told they do that because the busses don''t always start when it''s this cold and they don''t want a bus load of kids and/or a driver stranded somewhere.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 5:21:27 AM
Author: Lorelei
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Never ??
6.gif

It may snow a teeny bit this morning. Wish I could send you some.
console2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2008 8:39:09 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/17/2008 5:21:27 AM
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Never ??
6.gif

It may snow a teeny bit this morning. Wish I could send you some.
console2.gif
* sniff* thanks Ellen....what do I get but more stinkin' wet
pants.gif
weather!
sniffly%20sad.gif

Hubby says it can snow in the next village, but it bypasses us on purpose, and I think he is right!!! Snow was forecast 2 weeks ago, the rest of the country got it, but not us...no....
east%20coast%20psers.gif
15.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 8:48:56 AM

* sniff* thanks Ellen....what do I get but more stinkin'' wet
pants.gif
weather!
sniffly%20sad.gif

Hubby says it can snow in the next village, but it bypasses us on purpose, and I think he is right!!! Snow was forecast 2 weeks ago, the rest of the country got it, but not us...no....
east%20coast%20psers.gif
15.gif
You need to move.
blankstare012.gif

9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2008 8:55:21 AM

Date: 1/17/2008 8:48:56 AM

* sniff* thanks Ellen....what do I get but more stinkin'' wet
pants.gif
weather!
sniffly%20sad.gif

east%20coast%20psers.gif
15.gif
You need to move.
blankstare012.gif

9.gif
Yeh - to somewhere like Iceland.
booboo%20lip.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock

Here in Maryland we get snow every year (as a matter of fact, it''s going to snow today). Despite this fact, every time it snows, everyone acts like it''s the Apocalypse. One inch, four feet, it doesn''t matter. The grocery stores are like the ninth ring of Hell, the schools are preemptively closed, snow shovels and toilet paper sell out in 2.5 mintes, and everyone on the road drives 25 miles under the speed limit if they see even one flake. You''d think that Maryland was repopulated yearly with south Floridians.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 8:59:48 AM

Yeh - to somewhere like Iceland.
booboo%20lip.gif
Ok, now THAT might be a bit extreme.
lol.gif

And the grocery store rush happens everywhere. I used to work for one, and that''s one of the things I learned. If snow is in the forecast, the store would make sure certain things were well stocked. And yeah, it doesn''t matter whether it''s an inch or a foot.
scratchhead.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the rush has happened here in my villlage when it has snowed in the past. I live way out in the sticks and as our village doesn't go anywhere, and is quite isolated, people have been snowed in and cut off in the past, often for some time. But there seems to be little fear of that happening in the near future!

Yis, Iceland would be a bit extreme...
hen.gif
Bet my pet chickies wouldn't like it there ( totally irrelevant!)
face20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 9:22:29 AM
I know the rush has happened here in my villlage when it has snowed in the past. I live way out in the sticks and as our village doesn''t go anywhere, and is quite isolated, people have been snowed in and cut off in the past, often for some time. But there seems to be little fear of that happening in the near future!

hen.gif
Bet my pet chickies wouldn''t like it there ( totally irrelevant!)
face20.gif
lol.gif
You goof.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2008 9:29:39 AM

Date: 1/17/2008 9:22:29 AM
I know the rush has happened here in my villlage when it has snowed in the past. I live way out in the sticks and as our village doesn''t go anywhere, and is quite isolated, people have been snowed in and cut off in the past, often for some time. But there seems to be little fear of that happening in the near future!

hen.gif
Bet my pet chickies wouldn''t like it there ( totally irrelevant!)
face20.gif
lol.gif
You goof.
face20.gif
egyptian.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 9:12:13 AM
Author: Julianna

Here in Maryland we get snow every year (as a matter of fact, it''s going to snow today). Despite this fact, every time it snows, everyone acts like it''s the Apocalypse. One inch, four feet, it doesn''t matter. The grocery stores are like the ninth ring of Hell, the schools are preemptively closed, snow shovels and toilet paper sell out in 2.5 mintes, and everyone on the road drives 25 miles under the speed limit if they see even one flake. You''d think that Maryland was repopulated yearly with south Floridians.

It is indeed snowing in Maryland right now! and they''ve already closed all school activities for the afternoon and evening. In fact they''re showing footage of the plows and salt trucks right now! It''s just starting to stick a bit, so I don''t think it will be that big a deal today, but they said Saturday is supposed to be "EPIC". I have lunch plans in VA on Saturday and don''t want to cancel, but hearing the word "EPIC" does scare me a bit. They''re good at that here!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 8:11:35 AM
Author: lumpkin
We only got about 2 inches here, maybe 2 1/2 inches. It was 12 degrees when I woke up so I looked for the school closings, and sure enough there''s no school because it''s so so so cold! I''m told they do that because the busses don''t always start when it''s this cold and they don''t want a bus load of kids and/or a driver stranded somewhere.
Where the heck do you live for them to cancel school at 12 degrees?? I went to class at 9:30AM and it was 9 degrees. I don''t remember school ever being cancelled due to it being too cold here. If it school was cancelled at 12 degrees, it would be closed half the winter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results