shape
carat
color
clarity

Its official so now I can post pics, check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
Yeah, I popped the question on christmas. So now I can post pics. Thanks to all who helped me (especially Storm, Hest, Chrono, pandora, aljdewey,and many others). I want to write a long review with all the specifics but the journey is not quite done yet. I still have the bands to buy and I have a few things to try to sort with this ring-I think it would be a little more symmetrical, but maybe I am being too anal-at $1850 in platinum, I guess I cant complain too much. Anyways, this is where the ring stands now. Enjoy the pics. I tried the best I could to get the pics in focus but not to much success, hopefully I can post better ones in the future.
Warm Regards,
Mario
500x342.aspx
500x309.aspx

500x343.aspx

462x375.aspx

500x320.aspx

307x375.aspx

412x375.aspx

412x375.aspx

500x271.aspx

500x334.aspx

345x375.aspx

380x375.aspx

487x375.aspx
500x282.aspx

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
OK, I dunno why the format cam out that way. I will see if the wonderful admin can fix it so these pics will be easier to view. Bear with me.

evolve

Rough_Rock
congrats Mario! Nice job, and can''t wait to hear all the details.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I love that ring!!

You know, the more I see pics of the beautiful jewels that everyone purchases, the more I want different cuts, different styles, etc.

Does everyone else have a "My Wish List..." that grows on nearly a daily basis... or is it just me? hehe

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 2:08:38 AM
Author: evolve
Thanks Evolve! Needless to say..PRICESCOPE...er...ROCKS!!!

Also, if you want a sneek preview into the specifics just search the forum using my user name in the user parameter, but most of it is right under this post because I posted links to this page on each of my previous threads. I see you are new and want to tell you that you have come to the right place. Feel secure in pricescope.

Regards,
Mario

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 2:12:37 AM
Author: Jypsie
WOW! I love that ring!!

You know, the more I see pics of the beautiful jewels that everyone purchases, the more I want different cuts, different styles, etc.

Does everyone else have a ''My Wish List...'' that grows on nearly a daily basis... or is it just me? hehe
Thanks Jypsie! I really appreciate it. Yeah, I too like other cuts. My favs (maybe I should go and post the following on that thread about favorite and least favorite cuts) are Asschers, Emeralds, Cushions and a distant 4th are RBs. I guess I am...do the pulp fiction dotted line thing...a little square!
emwink.gif

I tell you what, I am a marketing machine for emerald cuts with this ring. It is almost like no one knew they existed!

Regards,
Mario

evolve

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 2:16:33 AM
Author: esumsea
Date: 12/28/2007 2:08:38 AM

Author: evolve

Thanks Evolve! Needless to say..PRICESCOPE...er...ROCKS!!!

Also, if you want a sneek preview into the specifics just search the forum using my user name in the user parameter, but most of it is right under this post because I posted links to this page on each of my previous threads. I see you are new and want to tell you that you have come to the right place. Feel secure in pricescope.

Regards,

Mario
Thanks Mario for the welcome. I will surely read up on your threads to get a better idea on the backwork you have done.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the beautiful ring :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!!!!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mario,
Do you mind sharing with us who brought your ring design to life? I know you bought the EC from WF and created the design yourself, which is fantastic.
36.gif
I''d just like to know who made the ring, which I don''t recall being mentioned anywhere.

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
THanks guys!
Evolve: No problem, I hope you find as much help as I did.
35.gif

Deelight: Thanks for the complement.
26.gif

Storm, thanks to you to. That rock you helped pick out is spectacular. It looks even better set. P.S. It looks like your avatar got some new bling!
36.gif

Chrono: Thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it. The Jeweler is Gaston Jewelers located in the Seybold building, which is like a mini diamond district in downtown Miami, Fl. You can reach him at [email protected]. He does not do that much on the internet because he likes to get a feel for his customers, but I doubt he would object to work with a pricescoper-if anyone contacts him please mention my name (Mario Salazar). He is by far the cheapest I found considering the prices I got from internet jewelers, but is considered expensive in the seabold building (dont ask me how)and does really nice work. He has done some custom work for jewelery auctioned off at sothebys and is luaded by many as the best jeweler in Miami.

I am pretty happy in general, there are just some minute centering and symmetrical problems with the tube and scroll work on the bottom of the ring which I hope to work out. He warned me-as many of you also did- that hand made custom work (He cuts the wax by hand and only cast the shank and bezel, not the scroll work) was not going to be perfect, especially in a space that is about 2.5 mm total (from bottom of bezel casing to bottom of shank) and no one notices the imperfections but my fI and I, but I don''t think I am being too demanding am I?

On another note, he does work with someone who can execute a mold from a cad drawing (which might have been the rout I should have taken seeing that I am really picky)
but he sold me on the "life" imbued in a handmade piece.

As for the time, it took about 4 weeks for everything. The guy does work alot of work for the jewelers in the 1st floor of the Seybold building (Every time I came in, at least 2 or 3 custom pieces for other jewelers either came in or went out) so I had to be slightly patient but I brought the design for preliminary talks the friday before thanksgiving and got the ring on the friday before christmas so considering the obvious demand for his work and the fact that he was suffering through GI problems because he did not know he had become allergic to a number of foods
14.gif
, he made the ring pretty quickly.

Lastly, in case you are wondering, the metal is 90% Plat 10% Rhodium (I believe that is what it was). As he advised, it is extremely white. I am glad I could go with plat for a price lower than most WG rings.

I don''t know why but the jewelery work was much cheaper local than on the net where I had a quote as high as $4600 for the same ring
23.gif
(and no it was not even Mark or Leon-though I don''t know their pricing, I assume they are not cheap)!!!! It is really surprising since the price for diamonds on the net was 15% cheaper to about par, but with better selection, but I digress.

Regards,
Mario

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that EC is gorgeous, as is the lovely setting!

Congratulations - I''m sure she adores it!

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 12:03:03 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow, that EC is gorgeous, as is the lovely setting!

Congratulations - I''m sure she adores it!
Thanks Lauren! I love your asscher design, it inspired me. I have also seen your other ring, which is also VERY nice.
Regards,
Mario
P.S. She BETTER adore it
29.gif
, she gave me a hard time about the wait.
19.gif
But she loves it and apologized once she got it saying that yes, it was worth the wait.
36.gif

Now its time for the gratitude....
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mario,
Thanks for the information. I''m really surprised that you are able to get custom HAND made work in platinum for that price. It''s unreal.

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 12:17:59 PM
Author: Chrono
Mario,
Thanks for the information. I''m really surprised that you are able to get custom HAND made work in platinum for that price. It''s unreal.
SO chrono, you think the workmanship is very good? Am I being to critical?

By the way, he likes to work in more traditional stuff, his prong work is great. He always called my design "the engine" but he was also quick to backtrack once others gave him feedback on the design. He ended up pissed he did not make a mold before he gave me my designs back because others were interested. Ha!

Regards,
Mario

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. The ring is gorgeous - you did good!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicely done Mario, you did a great job!! Congrats on your engagement!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a pretty ring, she must absolutley love it! Congratulations on your engagement!

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks marcyc, Kaleigh and Diamond Dana, glad to get approval from the ladies, it means alot knowing how hard core you guys are
emotion-5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, Mario! And congratulations on your engagement!

(I think it would be 90% platinum, 10% iridium...a very good combo)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Esumsea, the ring turned out beautifully! I admit to being a smidge unsure about the design when you first posted it but it looks GORGEOUS. The sparkle off that thing is intense!

I understand your wanting the ring to be perfect, but I would keep in mind that a real human being made it by hand! That''s amazing, really! If he can''t tweak it to perfection, I would just learn to love its imperfections if you can! Besides, it looks great from the magnified pics!

sara_mm

Rough_Rock
It''s absolutely lovely! Congratulations!

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006, you posting maniac!, for clearing that up and the complement
9.gif

Thing2of2, I am glad you like it, you had me worried when you said it look like what a man would think a girl would want, this ring looks alot more massive in designs than it really is and what I like the most is that from the top it looks very dainty but looking down the finger I guess you can call that the front view) it looks substantial.

Thanks sara-mm, and welcome to pricescope!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 1:13:52 PM
Author: esumsea
Thanks diamondseeker2006, you posting maniac!, for clearing that up and the complement
9.gif
lol.gif

Prettty ring!

creepaway3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
really beautiful emerald cut!
lovely setting! Well done, man!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I remember your original posts. The actual ring is so much more beautiful than the cads! Congrats!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mario,
That ring is amazing!!! I love it; it is quite the beauty! Congrats
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!!!!
It was a pleasure too be able too help you! :}
Best wishes for a long and happy future together!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I loooove this design! I''m going to go read up on your other threads, but wow- just in time, since I''m looking into a new setting for my rec. radiant!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results