shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s official. I am being sued!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yep. Remember my thread about the probate papers? It was a lawsuit against me and the decedent''s estate and a few others. It was a property I owned for not even a day in 1985. I was 21 and my boyfriend''s father was helping me put together my first real estate deal. We were buying a property with an assumable loan and we had a buyer lined up already. We signed all the papers at once and I collected my profit over the next three years. I am not terribly worried about it. I think the only reason I am a named defendent is because I was on the chain of title of an assumable loan. I will talk to my attorney about it.

I guess in a way it is a relief that I don''t have to worry about my identity being stolen....at least for now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no -- I'm so sorry to hear this!

It sounds like your involvement was very minimal so hopefully your part of the case will just get dismissed.

And here I was hoping all this time that you were going to come into some $$$...
8.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh AF...I am sorry.

Well, it is unfortunate...it may just be an entry was incorrect. So don''t sweat it. Nothing worry or fretting can do. Your attorney will have your back...too bad one didn''t when all this was done all those years ago. Not only will he have your back...but also your checkbook. That is the sad part
39.gif

Eat some chocolate. It will fix what ales you.

DKS

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re being sued over this! What a mess. I hope it gets resolved, soon.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! I hope it all works out well for you.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
What sort of property was it? (there is a reason for that question...)

DKS

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
If you have no money no one can sue you.Can you figure out a way to do that?I am sorry about your situation..HOpe it works out positively for you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results