shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s My Birthday and I''ll...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
...buy diamond earrings if I want to! Today I faxed all the payment info for my very own pair of Whiteflash handmade bezel set earrings! I found 2 brand spankin'' new Expert Selection diamonds that would be perfect for earrings and I went for it! Here are the two I/VS2 diamonds that I chose. They were a total steal! I can''t wait to get the earrings!

. Carat: 0.308
. Depth %: 60.8
. Table %: 56.7
. Crown Angle: 34.6
. Crown %: 15
. Star : 52
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Lower Girdle %: 78
. Girdle: Thin to Medium
. Measurements: 4.38-4.40X2.66
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

and

. Carat: 0.308
. Depth %: 61.5
. Table %: 56.4
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.3
. Star : 53
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 76
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 4.34-4.36X2.67
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH WOW! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Another lovely virgo B-Day!! WITH BLING! Can''t wait to see the ear shots!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gypsy! I was just about to go wish you Happy Birthday in your birthday thread! Is it today or Sept. 2?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday and happy shopping!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
September 2nd is my B-day. Thank you for the birthday wishes in my thread. I''m um... aiming for a similar pair of studs for next years b-day. So I''ll be watching yours with care. What setting style did you choose?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy b-day!! great choice on the earrings....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:39:53 PM
Author: Gypsy
September 2nd is my B-day. Thank you for the birthday wishes in my thread. I''m um... aiming for a similar pair of studs for next years b-day. So I''ll be watching yours with care. What setting style did you choose?

I went with the same handmade bezels that firegoddess got for her 10k gift. I''m soooo excited! I''ve been lusting after them since she got them! And really I was lusting after them even before then because I wanted a pair from Thediamond.com like wallermama has!

I''ve been bugging Sheerah, my WF rep, for info on the earrings and/or gift certificates on and off for a few months because I was scheming for them for my birthday. She said they were expecting new inventory the end of the month and she''d let me know if they were going to be in my size range. So last week Sheerah e-mailed me and told me they got the new inventory in and there were some in my size range. I saw someone post a brand new ACA on Rocky Talky to ask questions about it and I figured there were new diamonds up so I checked and sure enough, I snagged my pair on Saturday.

They were a total steal-$357 a diamond! Plus they''re totally taking my mind off the fact that I turned 26 today and I know I''m going to get stoned for this, but...*ducking*...it just sounds so much older compared to 25! And I just started school again to finally finish my degree so I''m feeling extra old and lame since I''m in some classes with a bunch of 18 year olds. Oh well...I should graduate before I turn 27 so that will be nice!

I''m rambling today...must be my old age! Hahaha! Here''s a pic of the setting in case anyone doesn''t know what they look like:

fffffffffdsssss.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I am in denial that I turn 32 in two days I''m going to completely ignore your comments on 26... lmao.

I LOVE those bezels. That''s exactly what I want. And the price!!! Just perfect. Whole thing came to around a thousand then? Total deal. GREAT and FABULOUS choice. Congrats!! Plus they are upgradable. Which of course... is key!
27.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 2:04:36 PM
As I am in denial that I turn 32 in two days I'm going to completely ignore your comments on 26... lmao.

I LOVE those bezels. That's exactly what I want. And the price!!! Just perfect. Whole thing came to around a thousand then? Total deal. GREAT and FABULOUS choice. Congrats!! Plus they are upgradable. Which of course... is key!
27.gif

Hahaha! Thanks for not throwing things!

Yep, the total was $1064 because the setting in 14k white gold is only $350. Once I saw those two I/VS2s I knew I had to make it happen! The diamonds would have been a smidge less $ with wire transfer, but my bank charges more than what I would have saved to make a wire transfer, so I just used my check card. I'm too lazy to go to the bank anyway-I mean, it's my birthday! So far I've only left the house today to fax in my payment info for the earrings! Hahaha!

ETA: You are so right about the upgradable thing being key! That really pushed me over the edge to the WF bezels!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are going to love them so much. Seriously, SO MUCH! And what a steal on the price you got. Woo hoo!

A friend of mine is getting engaged tonight and I helped him with his stone, a 0.76 ct H&A AGS000 ideal. Out of curiosity I took out one of my earrings (.4 ct each) and held it up next to his ring so I could see how much bigger the bezel makes the earring look.

I almost dropped my earring I was so shocked! It was slightly smaller looking than the 0.76 ct. But not by a lot.
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday! Great choice on the earrings! I have a pair of ACA I/VS2 and I LOVE them! I''m sure you will too! I love the bezel setting! Can''t wait for pictures!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
happymaisieday.JPG

I love those earrings!!! Yay for a birthday pressy!!! Have a wonderful one
41.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy b-day...hooray for new earrings! Can''t wait to see them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are welcome re: the throwing things. You know what John said to me when I was discussing the 32 thing? He looked completely SHOCKED and said, "32 can''t be right!" and we went through the whole I''m born in 1975 and it''s 2007 thing and he still shaking his head and saying, "I always, in my thoughts think of you as 29. I can''t wrap my mind around the fact that your over 30." I wasn''t sure if I wanted to smack him or hug him. So I did both.
11.gif

FG-- I''m so thrilled to hear that. I can''t wait till I get my mits on a pair of those for me.

Snlee... your earrings are I''s? I was thinking at the GTG that they were SO FREAKING WHITE and firey. You probably didn''t notice but I was staring at your earrings quite a bit. And a tad enviously. LOL. I''ve known for a while that I want I ES earrings, but it''s just lovely to have it confirmed!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2007 2:30:48 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Happy b-day...hooray for new earrings! Can''t wait to see them.
HI:

Yeah, what she said!

cheers--Sharon

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday!!! What a fabulous present! Enjoy your day!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 2:19:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
You are going to love them so much. Seriously, SO MUCH! And what a steal on the price you got. Woo hoo!

A friend of mine is getting engaged tonight and I helped him with his stone, a 0.76 ct H&A AGS000 ideal. Out of curiosity I took out one of my earrings (.4 ct each) and held it up next to his ring so I could see how much bigger the bezel makes the earring look.

I almost dropped my earring I was so shocked! It was slightly smaller looking than the 0.76 ct. But not by a lot.
30.gif

I can hardly wait, FG! AAAAAAH! I''m so mad I couldn''t pay for them earlier in the week so I could get them earlier! I was in Las Vegas for work and I seriously didn''t even get a chance to *think* about finding a printer and a fax machine. Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

After seeing the great photos you posted of your GLORIOUS pair, I know mine are going to be KILLER! Not as big as yours, but hey-that''s what upgrades are for!
11.gif
(Actually, these were such a great price that I''ll probably just keep them forever and just get another, larger pair later on.)

And I can''t believe your .4 looked almost as big as a .76! WOW! Nothing like a bezel or a halo to make a diamond look bigger! (Nothing except an even bigger diamond, of course-hee hee!)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 2:37:59 PM
You are welcome re: the throwing things. You know what John said to me when I was discussing the 32 thing? He looked completely SHOCKED and said, ''32 can''t be right!'' and we went through the whole I''m born in 1975 and it''s 2007 thing and he still shaking his head and saying, ''I always, in my thoughts think of you as 29. I can''t wrap my mind around the fact that your over 30.'' I wasn''t sure if I wanted to smack him or hug him. So I did both.
11.gif

FG-- I''m so thrilled to hear that. I can''t wait till I get my mits on a pair of those for me.

Snlee... your earrings are I''s? I was thinking at the GTG that they were SO FREAKING WHITE and firey. You probably didn''t notice but I was staring at your earrings quite a bit. And a tad enviously. LOL. I''ve known for a while that I want I ES earrings, but it''s just lovely to have it confirmed!

Awww-hilarious about John! Hahaha! And I''m definitely stoked to hear the testimonial about Snlee''s I''s from both you and her! My e-ring diamond is a G and the diamonds in my RHR/grandmother''s anniversary ring are F/Gs, according to the appraisal, so I don''t have much experience in comparing diamond colors. Plus I have eagle eyes so I wasn''t sure if I''d be able to spot the color or not. But I''m betting I won''t be able to since these are ES/almost ACAs!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday, Girl!!! Geez ... I am positively THROBBING with jeal
27.gif
usy though!! Great finds, great taste, great pressy ...
27.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 2:43:38 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Aw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
emotion-19.gif

Its my daughter''s bday today too!!
face23.gif

Thanks, SDL! And Happy Birthday to your daughter-hooray for 8/31! It''s my twin sister''s b-day, too!
3.gif
Hahaha!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 3:17:44 PM
Author: decodelighted
Happy Birthday, Girl!!! Geez ... I am positively THROBBING with jeal
27.gif
usy though!! Great finds, great taste, great pressy ...
27.gif

Hahaha-thanks, deco! I was throbbing with jealousy when I saw FG''s, that''s for sure! So I schemed and schemed until I could make it happen for myself! Tag-you''re it!
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy B-Day!!! Your earrings are going to be wonderful and I can''t wait for ear shots!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goodness, what the heck was going on 9 months ago??
9.gif

Hope it''s a good one!! And I wuv your studs!

Happybdaything2.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:39:53 PM
So is my DD Gypsy she is sweet 16 lol. Happy birthday to you too!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 5:54:24 PM
Author: Ellen
9.gif

Christmas
emwink.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday thing2of2. Your earrings are just gorgeous too
36.gif
. My dd birthday is tomorrow and we have got her a pandora bracelet but alas no diamonds at this stage. She is turning sweet 16
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 5:54:24 PM
9.gif

Umm...snuggling, that''s what!
6.gif
Because that''s how babies are made when I''m the baby! Thanks for the birthday quote-I''ll have to keep it in mind when I''m feeling ancient!
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 6:02:17 PM
Author: thing2of2

6.gif
Because that''s how babies are made when I''m the baby! Thanks for the birthday quote-I''ll have to keep it in mind when I''m feeling ancient!
2.gif
It served a dual purpose, inspiration, and it actually had the word "thing" in it.
9.gif
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday!!! I LOVE those earrings!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 6:05:09 PM
Date: 8/31/2007 6:02:17 PM

Author: thing2of2

6.gif
2.gif
It served a dual purpose, inspiration, and it actually had the word ''thing'' in it.
9.gif
2.gif

You''re more clever than I am today! Hahaha-I totally missed that! Thanks, smart lady!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results