shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s me the newbie re: the cushion again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzannemarie24

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone - thanks for all your previous info! I decided against the 2.7 - G ring. I actually read through lots of posts and decided to give Mark T call. He''s great. He showed me a FAB ring and I didnt want to take it off! I told him diamonds are like kryptonite for women :) Anyway ... let me know what you think of this one ...

GIA - Cushion Brilliant
D
VS2
Depth 66.1%
Table 60%
culet - medium
polish v.good
symm good
no flor.
8.41x7.57x5
very thin -very thick

Let me know what you think! It''s a bit deeper than I wanted - does anyone see a problem with a 66% deep cushion? You all have been so helpful ... without even knowing :+)

Thanks!
sm

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
dont like the girdle, the D and the VS2 are cause for a discount due to the spread-------the extreme mark up for a D and the discount for VS2. I also dont like the proportions (ratio)

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It sounds like a great stone, NO problem with the TD%..., But remember only you can know, since you saw it.
A fancy shape cannot be described from numbers.

mamchris

Rough_Rock
suzannemarie24, I don''t know much about the stone asside from what my eyes tell me. I just bought a cushion a few months ago, and I looked high and low for a spready stone (ratio) I didn''t want people to say is that a round, ...no it''s a cushion, I liked the elongated feel of my cushion, that is why I chose it. But as you can tell with fancy shapes it is really a matter of personal preference.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have to trust your eyes. Numbers are not worn on the hand
2.gif
Numbers are a guideline for us especially with the fancy cuts. Good luck!!
1.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I don''t know much about cushions except that I love them. I have a D VS2 RB and absolutely love the color (or should I say lack of) and the clarity, so yours sounds fab. If you loved it and didn''t want to take it off, I suspect it''s gorgeous and the right one for you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
style="WIDTH: 92.03%; HEIGHT: 76px">Date: 2/12/2006 2:00:34 AM
Author: MiniMouse
. If you loved it and didn''t want to take it off, I suspect it''s gorgeous and the right one for you.
Ditto Min - I agree completely - thats the one for you by the sound of it
36.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i would be careful.............they look great when set . it might be nice to several shapes etc

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2006 11:47:28 PM
Author:suzannemarie24

He showed me a FAB ring and I didn''t want to take it off!

''Guess I would have rather had a slightly different situation : "he showed me a few rings and one in particular I didn''t want to take off''. ''Guess a large D/VS diamond would be always impressive by itself - (be it by price tag alone!) unless there was a better looking D/VS diamond nearby
31.gif

That being said, I wish there was a way for me to see what you did, for the sheer fun of it
9.gif
There may be some uglies out there, but I have no reason to believe this is one. Quite on the contrary... However, it is the track record of diamonds coming picture s& All from the same source on this forum that makes me say this - not the description of this stone. Not because there seems to be anything wrong with it, but because those specs are not nearly enough to make up an image of the stone.

By those numbers:
- it isn''t particularly deep or shallow,
- not particularly flat (high versus low crown - has something to do with table size... so I am guessing)
- neither particularly square or rectangular
- and of average size for weight

Now, what does the ''average'' 2.2cts D/VS cushion looks like !!?
23.gif

Ok... silly joke.

You do know allot more about this stone than we do by having seen it. It may be that this forum put together knows more about cushions in general than you do. But insofar, the two don''t seem to match very well, because there is no proper description of this stone online. Sad that
7.gif

34.gif
Even if just had numbers they''d help - as long as there is enough of them (thinking of a 3D scan). And ASET picture would be fab. IS... almost fabulous source of online-worthy diamond info.

IMO, it isn''t that numbers don''t help with fancies - only too few numbers do not. Same as it happens for rounds really, when those angles are not given. And for fancy shapes, more than that would be needed (as far as I know, which isn''t much).

My 2c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results