shape
carat
color
clarity

it''s finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Finally, I'm wearing my new set! If you missed the story about my chipped diamond, read this: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-on-chipped-diamond-story.62226/

princess
.70 carat
4.95 x 4.83 x 3.46 mm
total depth: 71.6%
table width: 77%
crown height: 9%
pavillion depth: 61%
girdle: med polished
polish: good to very good
symmetry: very good
culet: none
clarity: VS2
color: G
Fluor: none

I didn't pick out the stone, so my feelings won't be hurt! I love it, but I do notice a color difference in the center and sidestones, even though the center is a G and the sides are supposed to be G-H. My old stone was an "I or better" but I can't see much difference in the color of the old and new stones. I can see a big difference in clarity though--hard to see in pics, but very apparent in person.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katie, I think the new diamond looks gorgeous and another big shout out to your jeweller too!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Yeah!

Congrats on the happy ending! You must be delighted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous..

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is gorgeous Katie, congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new set, it''s just gorgeous!! Congratulations on having such a fantastic jeweler.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2007 10:32:41 AM
Author: Catmom
I love the new set, it''s just gorgeous!! Congratulations on having such a fantastic jeweler.
HI:

Ditto! Glad it turned out for you!

cheers--Sharon

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. I can see a slight difference in the color like you mentioned. Does it bother you? I''d be fine with it....but that''s just me. If you don''t like it, could you take it back to the jeweler and pay the difference to get a whiter stone? Personally, I''d leave it as is.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oh! Where are the pics? I have been following your story!! :) I''m glad that everything worked out for you!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am glad everything turned out well! But I don''t see any pictures.
emsad.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I think the admin took that link down because I''m not supposed to post the photos there. Let me try to post one here and see if it works...

By the way, yes, the color is bothering me. I know, I''m being ridiculous. I called the jeweler today to thank him (he wasn''t there when I picked it up yesterday) and tell him how impressed I was with him. He said he was "profoundly sorry" this happened and they picked out the best thing they could to get it back to me as fast as possible. He agreed that there was a noticeable color difference and said he thinks it should probably have been graded an H instead of a G. But he said the cut and clarity were by far the best they found and when comparing the 2 stones they brought in side by side, this one was much prettier. As I told him, I wouldn''t notice the color unless it was sitting on these 2 bands of very white diamonds (which by the way, are supposed to be G-H but I think they used F-G).

We''re going to give it a couple of weeks and if it''s still bothering me, I told him I''d like to pay to upgrade to something whiter. I''m not going to ask him to pony up any more money than he already has.

What would you do, given the color difference? Keep it or look for another stone?

newcomplete4.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another photo

newcomplete.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in this one, the color is more apparent

newcomplete3.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!! I love it! You don''t see many princess stones on a round shared prong band - it looks beautiful!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkles!! Don''t get me wrong people--this is a gorgeous stone!!

newcomplete2.jpg

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!! You should be shouting from the roof tops!!!!

Congratulations
MWG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is the old set (and the center stone that chipped and is gone... :(
This center is an "I or better" (not certified). What do you think of the color compared to the new stone? The cut is by far better.

thisisold.jpg

togal

Shiny_Rock
The ring turned out very, very nice, however, I have to agree with you about the color difference. I am a person that likes the icy-white stones, not the warmer look of the lower colors, and I do see a defiinate yellow-tinge to the centre stone. I, personally, would pay to upgrade to a higher color, because if it''s bothering you now, I think it will only bother you more as time goes on, especially given the story behind how you ended-up with this stone.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Katie, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that set! And the new stone is gorgeous!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
side view

sideview123.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Katie, I'm happy that this worked out this well and so quickly for you. Your jeweler has alot of integrity and that is something that is lacking in today's world!

As for the color issue, it is slightly noticeable in that one photo, but I can see a warmth in my I stone in some lighting situations but mostly it looks pretty white in most settings. If this warmth is only showing in a specific lighting situation, maybe you can get used to it and be happy with the stone. You say your old stone was an I and this new one is an H...Didn't you see warmth in your I stone before? Just curious....You might be hyper-sensitive after this experience - I know I would be! So give it a couple of weeks and see how you bond with it!

ETA: I had a horrible dream last night about chipping my ering stone and I woke up and thought "thank God its a dream.." I think I was projecting from the recent spate of chipped stone stories on PS!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Did you ever mention the jeweler? Since everything turned out good, let us know who he is.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the new setting! Your new stone is gorgeous as well!! The jewelry corrected the mistake very nicely.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congratulations! I am glad that the jeweler was very professional about the whole process! You must be thrilled with the end product!
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jeweler is Ted Hendrickson and he owns Goldworks in Chapel Hill, NC.
What a sweetheart!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to reply to my reply...

What do you all think the jeweler paid for my stone, based on the specs I listed? I''m trying to figure out how much I''d have to come up with to get something like an F, VS2 or SI1 in the same size.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sooooo beautiful; I love it!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous. If the color bothers you, then upgrade, but if you ask me, it is lovely as is!!
1.gif

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I love the new setting a lot more than the original one~ Congrats on choosing a winner
36.gif

As for the color, it is noticeble when you look at it closely & compare it with the side diamonds.
But I don''t think it''s too different from your original stone, & the way the original stone compared to its side stones.

Anyway it''s a beautiful set
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results