shape
carat
color
clarity

It started when I couldn''t fall asleep....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I was flipping through the channels when I saw it.....THE JOY OF PAINTING WITH BOB ROSS was on PBS at 4am. I was so excited!! I LOVED that show growing up. Turns out, our local PBS station only airs it on Friday mornings at 4am...so for the last two or three months I've set up my DVR to record it when it comes on, and I watch it on Saturday.

Well, I decided that I wanted to try to paint. Bob Ross makes it look so easy in his show. FI went out the other day and bought me an easel and some paints (he's so cute)...and off I went.

I've gone through about five canvases (IT'S SO MUCH HARDER THAN IT LOOKS). But I finally decided not to give up on one of the paintings I was working on. Now that it's finished, I know what I have to start working on...(depth, space, brush strokes).

I think for a first completed painting, with no training besides what I saw on TV, I did okay.
I had the recorded shows to use as reference, and this painting is based on one of his paintings...but I switched up a bit and it's obviously not as good.
3.gif

autumnpainting.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK?? Much better than ok, it''s very good. I can''t paint to save my life, hehe. Good for you!! And thanks for sharing it with us!!
1.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Luckystar, it is great! Your first masterpiece! I took a drawing class once and it was so hard for me but I stuck with it. I so envy people who are naturally artistic.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Luckystar! Beautiful; yay for waking at 4am and waking up your inner artist!!
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luckystar, your painting is great! I remember watching Bob painting...I grew up on PBS ''cause we didn''t have cable in the rural area where we lived. Sadly, he annoyed the heck out of me, I was much more interested in Reading Rainbow and the Bloodhound Gang, lol!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool...

A little more practice.... and you''ll be able to sell them.

Perry

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice reward for sleeplessness. I''m like you, I taught myself to paint. Some have come out pretty good, some canvases I throw out. I love it.
I very much think your trees are good, you captured the lake water with reflections very nicely, but the foreground seems as if its fuzzy. I like people to tell me what they think is good and what they don''t think is good. I don''t always agree with them but I find I go back and try to improve them.
I copied my first from a book. I still have it and it was 10 yrs ago. Hang it proudly.
Thanks,
Annette

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow lucky, it looks really good!!!!! I loved watching Bob paint all those serene scenes - and you did a great job!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Look at those "happy trees"! My grandpa used to paint with Bob Ross. He always cracked me up, but at the same time, I was amazed! It was like landscapes just popped out of his brush. Glad you had fun, you should keep it up!!
1.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow Lucky! Great job!
36.gif
I''ve always been memsmorized by Bob Ross...but still haven''t picked up a paint brush yet.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I loved Bob Ross, too! He made everything he painted look so easy, and he spoke so you actually believed he was speaking just to you, and that you COULD do it, just like he did!

I think your painting is great! Keep up the great work and hurry back to show us some more!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL I remember watching Bob Ross too. He spoke in such a monotone voice & most of the time the only noise heard was the stroking of the brush or some knife looking thing to stroke out the paint. And as boring as I thought he was as a presenter, I **still** was fascinated that he actually had me thinking, heck, I could do that! LOL

Gongrats on the picture, it really really looks good! I would have thought it came off one of his shows.
36.gif
Keep at it! Like someone said, you can start selling them! Or at least give em out to your family for special occasions.
25.gif
13.gif

Judy
:)

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Aw, thank you so much everyone!
And I definitely don''t mind critiques at all.

I started a painting last night that I felt was a million times better than the last one, but of course I made a rather BIG mistake at the end. It''s not fixable, so I''m going to have to start over. But I don''t mind because painting is fun!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you have done a smashing job and I like the way you have captured the icy light in the painting, I feel cold looking at it! Well done, you definitely have a talent - keep working at it!
36.gif
36.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was at Michael''s last night picking up crafting things, and they had a paiting just like that on the wall advertising their "Bob Ross style oil painting class". Made me think of your lovely painting. Maybe I''ll sign up for one...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
you have a great talent don''t let it go to waste.Great pic..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results