shape
carat
color
clarity

Issues with Abazias & USA Certed, & managing both life & death…

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Simple prompt, and the back story…: I was late paying a plumbing bill…by two years. I identified what I thought was the plumber in the yellow pages, and sent them a check with a note, apologizing. A guy shows up at our house, tells my wife some story, needs the check to be re-written because of a name change or something…my wife does so, the check is cashed the same day, and soon we realize the person I sent the check to was not the plumber I intended to pay at all, but someone with a very similar name.

Slide forward…skipping some steps that I only know a small part of the story for…I see after some rummaging through a link or two on Pricescope for something or other… that vendor Nice Ice is letting readers know of various appraisers they can take advantage of, and one of them is still Rockdoc. I turn to other vendors who have a pattern of practice of making appraisers known. G0G had the most positive previous recommendations of Rock Doc going, but I find his site now clear of references to him. Abazias still lists him. USA Certed still does too. This past weekend, I wrote to those three vendors about the oversight. Quickly Nice Ice responds, saying they actually internally corrected it a while ago, but somehow a technical glitch didn’t complete the job. Now, no reference remains. On the other hand, I’ve heard nothing back from either USA Certed nor Abazias…and RockDoc is still advertised on both.

Although Rock Doc’s estate, and the managing of it, could be entertained here…it is not the necessary point I’m making intentionally here, right now. For example, if the site were simply down, there would be no issue. But, it’s up, and there are other actionable options. Pricescope beautifully turned Rockdoc’s signature into a memorial. Readers of either USA certed or Abazias could, in an unlikely but plausible enough scenario…send their goods to Rockdoc, based on his strong reputation, past use, or whatever you like. These scenarios could be mitigated if they just took down the info for him. Maybe they are big and lumbering. An acknowledgment of the problem, meanwhile, could be a helpful start.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not know that RocDoc had passed on. I was not that active for a while.

Thanks for letting me know. He was one of the best.

As far as the practices of Sites still listing him... It does not say much about them - especially if they con''t correct it right away like Nice Ide did.

I do talk to Todd at Nice-Ice from time to time and I actually visited him this summer. He is also doing better now - but his business is down from what it was before his wife died. He''s a really good guy.

Perry

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I called over to these two vendors, and spoke to representatives at both Abazias and USA Certed…probably the boss at the latter. Overall, I understand that the delay in updating their respective sites is a combination of their having bigger fish to fry (or…why wouldn’t they have replied to my note?)…and that, yes, they are lumbering…and in the case of USA, Bill apparently doesn’t only show up in the left hand column, but all through the site, so it is a big project to remove him. Indeed. He went on to share his interest in appropriately remembering Bill, so it may take awhile (vs. a predicted week more at Abazias). I mentioned to the proprietor of USA my personal concern for the mention…he was circumspect that anyone would send materials to Bill without prior contact. Would any of you consider the idea of sending a diamond in advance of personal communication so outrageous (based on either or both a past relationship, or current advertisement on a web site)?

Anyway, I’ve been updated, and to the extent you may be interested, so are you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results