shape
carat
color
clarity

ISO Untreated Red Coral stone

fnewton

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am in search of a really great 'untreated' red coral stone but have found little information on where/who to acquire one from. It's a gift for a very special person. I've read up on a couple of PS threads/internet, but haven't really discovered anything too exciting. Not really sure of the size yet, probably around 12x7/some sort of round or oval stone, but I've read that 'untreated' -red- coral stones are expensive because of their rarity. Now, when I hear expensive I'm thinking 1k+ per carat, but have found the prices to be more around $100 per carat, which is totally reasonable.

So far, I've only seen http://www.astrologicalgem.com/jyotish-red-coral.php

A google search yielded another result, but the website seemed...sketchy.
I am working with a jeweler, but also need to look around. Made the mistake of only allowing a jeweler to provide me with options once :/

Does anyone know or have experience/advice with purchasing these stones? I have a while to get this done, so time is not an issue.

Thanks all!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red coral is not horribly expensive but most are bleached and/or dyed. If interested in untreated red coral, make sure the vendor has sent that particular piece to a reputable lab of your choosing to for independent verification of its untreated status. Some aren't even coral at all but a simulant (plastic, camel bone, etc).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results