shape
carat
color
clarity

Is ww3 starting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Where''s Chicken Little when you need him
11.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/23/2008 8:31:35 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

Anyone else read this in the Times today? Russia Sends Warships to Caribbean, a First Since Cold War

No, I had not seen it! Thanks for the heads up! I still remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. Phil Ochs (a folksinger) wrote a song about it called, "Talking Cuban Missile Crisis" (I think). I remember he used a jingle from a toothpaste commercial of the time in it. As the president, JFK, was talking the network (according to the song) said, "...but first a word from Pepsodent. Have whiter teeth! Have cleaner breath! When you're facing nuclear death!" Oh, the things one remembers!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/24/2008 10:12:03 AM
Author: AGBF

I still remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. Phil Ochs (a folksinger) wrote a song about it called, 'Talking Cuban Missile Crisis' (I think).

The song was called, "Talkin' Cuban Crisis" and is on his album, "All the News That's Fit to Sing". I looked through YouTube and Amazon.com until I found it and listened to the preview of an MP3 version of the song. (I have the 33 rpm vinyl record album at home in Virginia.) If any of you use Limewire, you may be able to acquire it and a lot of his other wonderful songs from them free. I believe that that is legal now? (I do not use it.)

Deborah
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results