shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this true about Radiants??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
My aunt can supposedly hook me up with a great deal on a stone/ring from a friend of hers who''s a diamond broker in NYC. I was interested in a Radiant cut, 1.0-1.25 carat, H-I, VS2-SI1, with a quality cut. When I mentioned I wanted a Radiant to my aunt, her response was:

"Radiants are inferior diamonds that are built up around the edges to build out the stone from where a flaw might have been removed. They can break
easily and , if fact, if I remember my research, they can be chipped or broken just by certain cleaning methods. It is not the way to go. I am
sure that this diamond dealer won''t even carry them. You get bigger but you also get way inferior!!!!! Don''t do it."

I''ve never seen anything on this site about this...does anyone who knows Radiants well agree with this?? Is she informed or misinformed? Also, I''d imagine if he is a diamond broker, he shouldn''t have any problem getting Radiants even if he doens''t "carry them". Any feedback is appreciated!!!

Thanks!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ben,
With all due respect to whoever has been "educating" you- MALARKY!!!!!

Total misinformation!!!!!!

Well cut Radiant Cut Diamonds, are beautiful diamonds- nothing at all inferior about them- except that on a per carat basis, they cost less than rounds.
Radiant Cut Diamonds are extremely stable and NOT prone to chipping- as a matter of fact the corners on a radiant are far more stable than the corners on a Princess Cut

If I told you that BMW''s run on bird droppings, whould you then feel comfortable taking my advice car shopping?
If I were you I''d check out some dealers that understand and carry Radiant Cut Diamonds.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ben,
Your aunt is misinformed. A radiant cut is no more prone to breakage than any other cut with points. They are as durable as a princess cut and, in a well cut stone, are as good looking as any other square or rectangular diamond. If this is what you want then I would not let her advice dissuade you from getting it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2005 12:9:29 PM
Author:bennyboy96

Radiants are inferior diamonds that are built up around the edges ...
Never heard of it on three continents
9.gif
. If this comes from her friend the jeweler... perhaps look for another friend ?
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results