shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ring really the great deal they are telling me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shopping

Rough_Rock
I was looking at rings at a MI retailer and he offered me a ring that he had in his inventory since 2004. The ring has not been marked up for appreciation, he claims. The ring is priced at $19,200. Is this a great deal or is this something I probably could get anyday with an internet supplier?

The ring is 1.80 carat
Round Brilliant
7.83 x 7.86 x 4.84mm
Depth 61.7%
Table 55%
Girdle medium faceted
culet none
polish excellent
symmetry very good
clarity VS1
Color F
Flourescence none

In 2004 his paperwork said it appraised at $38,845.
It is set in a platinum band that I don''t like so I would have to have it reset which would add additional cost to me.

What does everyone think? Does it sound good? Too good to pass up? or just ordinary?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can do a search using the 'pricescope your diamond' feature above to find diamonds with similar specs. keep in mind that to know more about the all important cut quality (and to be able to compare apples to apples), you would need to find out what the crown/pavilion angles are on this diamond.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I did a search and found a stone that's a little smaller 1.72 F VS1 Hearts and Arrows - Bank wire price is $21,302.13, and that's for an Ideal H&As stone (which carry a premium.) That should give you an idea of what his stone is worth, the 2004 appraised at $38,845 seems a bit high - but $19200 seems like a fair price.

Blue Nile has this 1.81 F VS1 MB listed for $20,533.00. Similar specs to yours ex/vg, non H&As.

Scintillating...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s a good price for a stone with a GIA report. Does it have one?

AGS is just as good. Anything else will affect the value adversely.

Why has he been sitting on this ring for so long if it''s so reasonably priced, hmmm?

shopping

Rough_Rock
Yes, it does have the GIA report, but it does make me wonder why no one else wanted it. ?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s 1.8, F, VS1. it''s an expensive stone...not many people can shell out 20 K for a diamond that just sits there and is pretty.

shopping

Rough_Rock
Why else do you buy a diamond?

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 8:48:35 AM
Author: shopping
Why else do you buy a diamond?

we add them to our rock collection and
sometimes take them out and look at them
for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results