shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this nuts? A pink sapphire wedding ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking at the SP website tonight, and I had a sudden inclination to go for a pink sapphire wedding ring instead of diamond wedding ring (shared-prong 3/4 eternity). Would that look totally weird with a shared-prong diamond engagement ring? Or perhaps it would overshadow my e-ring center stone? These are actually maternity rings from SP, but it gives you a good idea of what I''m thinking about:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2515

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2516

Does anyone have any pics of diamonds w/ pink sapphires? Yes, I''m crazy!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
My personal opinion is that the all pink band will take away from your e-ring. You seem to be all over the place with what you want.
2.gif
Are you sure you want colored stones in your w-band? Personally, I prefer colored stones for RHRs or alternating the colored stones with diamonds.

One of my friends has a round solitaire paired with an emerald stone and round stone band. I personally am not crazy about it. The green totally takes away from the center diamond.

Someone recently got the pink and white shared prong set from SP. Let me see if I can find the thread. Something like that looks really nice.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 8:15:04 AM
Author: pebbles

Someone recently got the pink and white shared prong set from SP. Let me see if I can find the thread. Something like that looks really nice.

I remember seeing those pics but can''t remember which thread it was at all
39.gif
I agree with peebles I think the all pink would take away from the center stone. Also, i would want something a little more classic, i fear i''d tire of the pink pretty quickly
2.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
If you were to have a pink sapphire shared prong e-ring with a diamond in the center, and a pink sapphire w-ring, I think that would look ok. But I think a diamond shared prong e-ring with a pink sapphire w-ring would look strange. I''m not into matched sets, I have a radiant with pear sapphire sides for my e-ring and a shared prong sapphire and diamond w-ring, but I kept everything with diamonds and sapphires alternating. You could do the same, alternate diamonds and pink sapphires for both rings and it would be a beautiful combo, in fact someone on here had such a ring set, and I thought it was just gorgeous.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I ''collected'' some pink and white pictures...I think Economan''s rock is the one in the upper right hand corner:

pinkink.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay lorelei you found it...i also see widget had it saved too
36.gif

here's the set i was thinking of:

ering-barbie2.jpg

rosering4.jpg

ering-hand.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you mrssalvo
9.gif
I keep a sneak note of where to find this baby, it gets my salivary glands into overdrive every time I see it
18.gif
emsmilep.gif

recran

Rough_Rock
I tried on a pink sapphire band with my solitaire (no pic of that yet cuz I don''t get it till Christmas), and it looked INCREDIBLE!!! It was my favorite, over the plain band, diamond bands, and daimond and blue sapphire bands. DH nixed the idea for now, but I told him I want it later. I like the idea of having a bunch of wedding bands and swapping them out based on my mood. But I did decide that I wanted something other thank pink to start - something plainer. Oh, and if the center diamond of your ering is big enough and the pink sapphires small enough, they TOTALLY do NOT take away from your diamond.
31.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your awesome help, as always. I think I''ve decided against this, although it did seem like a brilliant idea at the time (I''m 95% of the way through finals week, so my brain might be a little fried). Part of the reason I was considering it was that it would be cheaper than diamonds. I''d love pink sapphire for a RHR though!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2005 9:04:17 AM
Author: peonygirl

I''m 95% of the way through finals week, so my brain might be a little fried

Oh, wow! Best of luck with those! .... the ring decission can wait
2.gif

Have you seen THESE? The rings are so thin they could be stacked with anything, by the dozen. So you do not really have to choose.

luvn2oxfrd

Rough_Rock
peonygirl--i know you have said that you have decided against the pink sapphire wedding band, but i wanted to add my 2 cents anyway ;-)

i have a solitare e-ring with a ceylon sapphire eternity wedding band. contrary to what you would think, the blue wedding band actually sets off my diamond. whenever i tried on a diamond eternity ring, no matter the size or shape, my diamond disappeared...it just didn''t stand out anymore. but with the blue band, my diamond popped.

so if you like the look of a pink sapphire band, at least try it on with your e-ring before makig a decision :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
albicocca, I love that surprise pink sapphire too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve actually thought about these two from www.estatediamondjewelry.com

pinkgoldsaph.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, Deco, I love those!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or this one ...

#1 is pink gold & pink sapphire $550
#2 is platinum & pink sapphire $600 (1.8 mm!!)

platpinksaph.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
** blush ** Widget already recommended my 2 picks! Sorry, Widget! At least the pix are here for ref. now, right??
17.gif

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I''m so glad to find Economan''s ring has other fans like myself.
I just like to look at it from time to time. For some reason i find it ..... riveting.
Nice to know I''m not the only one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would only do a fully pink sapphire eternity if you could flank the white diamond e-ring setting with another one on the other side, so 2 pink rings sandwich in the middle, that would seem like it''d be cute. but otherwise putting a pink eternity next to an all white seems like it''d be a little odd looking. also for me i think pink rings are a phase. i mean sure i love pink but i wouldn''t want to stare at it EVERY DAY or have it be my wedding ring or something. it''s too trendy and ''now'' if that makes sense.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 11:49:44 AM
Author: luvn2oxfrd
peonygirl--i know you have said that you have decided against the pink sapphire wedding band, but i wanted to add my 2 cents anyway ;-)

i have a solitare e-ring with a ceylon sapphire eternity wedding band. contrary to what you would think, the blue wedding band actually sets off my diamond. whenever i tried on a diamond eternity ring, no matter the size or shape, my diamond disappeared...it just didn''t stand out anymore. but with the blue band, my diamond popped.

so if you like the look of a pink sapphire band, at least try it on with your e-ring before makig a decision :)

I totally agree. I think my blue sapphires set off my centerstone and bring MORE attention to it. I love colored stones mixed with diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results