shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Diamond WORTH IT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondluv

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I went to a jewelry store today and found a VERY cheap diamond! it is a 1.50 CT looks very clean G-I color, not certified for $7200. Is it worth buying? It Sparks and the girdle is not too thin or thick. I dont wanna get tricked!!! please help! ANYONE FROM SACRAMENTO, CA wanna go with me and help me out! hehh Or give me some advise to dertermine if the stone is worth buying!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
$7k and no paper work!

What do you think you should do?

Blod
33.gif

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
You know, if you are interested in the diamond, you could ask the seller to send it to the GIA to be certified. It''s not that large an expense from what I understand.

Another option that may not be as popular on the board, but which is a logical choice, is to have the diamond sent to an independent appraiser of YOUR choice. Meet the diamond there, and be present during it''s evaluation. If it checks out and you''re happy with it, arrange for payment and pick up the diamond from the appraiser.

I wouldn''t risk that kind of money.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t. It is probably very poorly cut and/or clarity enhanced. Tread with caution and do some reading here. Can you get it appraised before you buy?

jldunn

Rough_Rock
No jeweler in their right mind would sell a nice stone cheaply without a certification when they could get it certified and sell it for a normal price.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondluv,

I agree with everyone. Take heed, there are too many red flags here. I''m not saying the stone is bad but without the paperwork you have no way to know for sure other than to have it appraised by an independant appraiser. If you really love the stone then see if you can have it sent to an appraiser of your choice for evaluation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2006 5:20:03 AM
Author:diamondluv
Hi everyone,
I went to a jewelry store today and found a VERY cheap diamond! it is a 1.50 CT looks very clean G-I color, not certified for $7200. Is it worth buying? It Sparks and the girdle is not too thin or thick. I dont wanna get tricked!!! please help! ANYONE FROM SACRAMENTO, CA wanna go with me and help me out! hehh Or give me some advise to dertermine if the stone is worth buying!
Dluv
35.gif

what is the name of this jewelry store in Sac ?
27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO. But maybe DF will go with you to check it out. I always say if it sounds too good to be true, you know the rest. If you love it, make sure to have it sent to an independent appraiser of your choice etc... But I would be very leary. Just my 0.2
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 5:20:03 AM
Author:diamondluv
Hi everyone,

not worth the risk.
I wouldnt pay 7k for any diamond without a gia or ags cert.

diamondluv

Rough_Rock
The jewelry store is Kim Hung on Stockton BLVD. In the Pacific Rim plaza..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2006 6:02:46 AM
Author: diamondluv
The jewelry store is Kim Hung on Stockton BLVD. In the Pacific Rim plaza..
i know the area. vietnamese jewelry store,right?
9.gif
be careful!!! does it come with AGS or GIA lab report? what color and clarity ?

ETA; i just notice,no lab report ?
6.gif
another one of those cash deals?
31.gif
9.gif
don't do it.
38.gif

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
You absolutely need an independent appraisal before you buy this stone. No cert means you have no idea--if you really liked the look in person it might be worth having it appraised to find out what you''re being sold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results