shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this cushion shape diamond worth its price??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I have been working with a jeweler in NY and he gave me the following specs for a cushion shape diamond.

A nice cushion cut finally comes in. It is an F-VS2 1.71CT. It is an excellent cut stone. The spec. is as follows.

Measurement: 7.44-6.2x4.15MM
Depth: 66.9%
Table: 59%
Girdle: slightly thick to very thick, faceted
Culet: none
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: none
The price for this diamond is $12500.

Here are my concerns.
1) Depth is a little more than what I wanted. I was hoping it would fall into the category of 59-64%
2) Girdle is slightly thick to very thick. I don't think this is good.
3) Symmetry is only good
4) Ratio of width and lenth ratio is 1.2 (I was hoping more for a 1.15 ratio. I like the more square look)

My jeweler told me this is an excellent cut diamond. How did he determine that?

Do you think this diamond is worth it? I have been trying to get quotes for cushion shape diamonds and it just doesn't seem like there is alot of choices out there. I really would like a cushion modified brilliant. They seem to be alot more sparkly. Anyone know where I can get one?

Diamond experts, can you please help?

Michelle

cushion diamond.jpg

gracie007

Rough_Rock
I would recomend Mark Turnowski with engagement rings direct...he found and sent a few cushions for me....

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/5/2006 7:53:17 PM
Author:Cowgirly
Hello Everyone,

I have been working with a jeweler in NY and he gave me the following specs for a cushion shape diamond.

A nice cushion cut finally comes in. It is an F-VS2 1.71CT. It is an excellent cut stone. The spec. is as follows.

Measurement: 7.44-6.2x4.15MM
Depth: 66.9%
Table: 59%
Girdle: slightly thick to very thick, faceted
Culet: none
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: none
The price for this diamond is $12500.

Here are my concerns.
1) Depth is a little more than what I wanted. I was hoping it would fall into the category of 59-64%
2) Girdle is slightly thick to very thick. I don''t think this is good.
3) Symmetry is only good
4) Ratio of width and lenth ratio is 1.2 (I was hoping more for a 1.15 ratio. I like the more square look)

My jeweler told me this is an excellent cut diamond. How did he determine that?

Do you think this diamond is worth it? I have been trying to get quotes for cushion shape diamonds and it just doesn''t seem like there is alot of choices out there. I really would like a cushion modified brilliant. They seem to be alot more sparkly. Anyone know where I can get one?

Diamond experts, can you please help?

Michelle
You just named it a nice Cushion, so i guess you like it...
Depth is no problem..., i have seen gorgeous Cushions that are over 80% TD.
Symmetry..., why "only good" why would you want a Very Good or Ex. ?
I would bet you wouldnt even notice the difference between 1:1.20 compared to 1:1.15.

If you are a perfectionist that is another story, but there is no such creature as a "perfect" Diamond!!!

Regarding the price, it seems to me that you like the Diamond, and i am certain you shoped around prior to finding this one, so if you did and it makes financial sense, enjoy it...

I would not count on getting more comments regarding price on PS.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
RE: My jeweler told me this is an excellent cut diamond. How did he determine that?

He looked at it. If you look at this diamond you will see no bow tie, very unusual for oval shaped diamonds.

There are no accepted parameters for ideal cutting for this stone, you must use your eyes. If you can find a jeweler with a ASET ask him to put it on and take a look at where the light is coming from, I bet you will like what you see. If you can get a Sarin scan send the file to anyone with Diamcal and ask them to run a simulated ASET for you.

Wink

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
I apologize. I copy and paste my jeweler''s email onto the post. He wrote "a nice cushion cut finally came in".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results