shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this band a good size, help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

patil22

Rough_Rock
I bought my gf a 1.65 round diamond, her finger size is a 4. I have it set in a Platinum 2.5mm Comfort-Fit Solitaire Setting. My question is is that a good size width, is it too small, shoudl I have gone to a 3mm. Not sure, it looks thin but again I am new to this, my jeweler says 2.5 is teh right choice....any suggestions???

Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a matter of personal preference Patil and what you think she would find the most comfortable and likes the look of best. I think 2.5mm is a good choice, not too thin, yet thin enough to really make the diamond pop. Mine have 2 mm bands and they hold up to daily living very well. I am not too sure with finger sizes, but a size 4 I wouldn''t think is too large and she might prefer the thinner 2.5 mm band. I think it is best to wait maybe and see what she says when she receives the ring, or see if you can find out what size bands she prefers on the sly. Personally I think that the 2.5 is a great choice so I wouldn''t worry too much, you will get a better idea when it is on her finger and see how it looks, totally appropriate and gorgeous I would think!
30.gif
The 2.5mm is the safest choice IMO.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be perfect
1.gif
My ring size is 4.5 (although I think it might be a 4-4.25 during the winter), and my setting is 2.8mm at the widest part (the rest is 2.5mm). I actually wish my setting was a little thinner! Not only does a thinner band make the diamond seem bigger and stand out more, it looks pretty substantial on thin fingers. I therefore think you made the right choice!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wear a 3.5 and i think a 2.5 mm band will be very nice and look great with the size stone you''ve chosen.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think you chose well. The relatively thin band will make the stone the center of attention without being too bulky. Also, if she wants to get a thicker wedding band or one with diamonds, it will not be too thick or too blingy. I think the setting you chose is quite possibly the most versatile and classic one around. And, if for some reason she doesn''t like it (which i doubt), since as settings go this one is not as expensive as some others, if she really wanted to change it, it would not be the end of the world.
I am sure she will love it, keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results