shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a steal??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redmo

Rough_Rock
hello all!
my friend just got a Princess cut diamond for his GF, i think he got a steal!! pls give me some opinions- thanks in advance

1.04 Princess Cut
5.61x 5.60x 4.07
VVS1 very good cut(Gem scan)
E colour
Table % 67.5
Depth % 72.7
crown 35.8 degress...

$6200 USD (just the stone)

4.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Did you post the color? Not seeing it in your post.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a steal really, ''cause there is cheaper for the same grades and there is no indication that this one is as fine cut as the color and clarity are fine. Brilliance would be at least as impressive to see as the perfect colorlessness. High clarity doesn''t show all that much (that''s the point, no ?) - so VVS1 or VS2 look the same for most stones.

Does the seller provide any means to evaluate brilliance ? (''scope, photos, something else ?)

Numbers (such as that crown angle) do not inform about brilliance for fancies as they do for rounds. If anything, you would neet allot more numbers and some model of the cut that fits the stone (there are a few versions of cut all called "prncess").

Perhaps the looks of the stone are not too imoratnt for you because you will not be wearing it, but the point deserves some consideration IMO. High grades and price do not show that much, size and brightness do - great if you can just have it all without a second thought of course. But if looks matter, E/VVS and G/VS are not substantially different and a brilliant cut stands out next to a flat looking piece regardless of the other grades.

Just another side of the story, if you wish.
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results