shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a nice stone for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mdgirlie

Rough_Rock
Here''s the specs

Round Brillant Size = .728 (5.83-5.86 x 3.54 mm)
AGS 000

Color : F
Clarity : VS1
Table : 55
Depth : 60.6
Crown Angle : 35
Pavilion Angle : 40.6
Fluorescence : Negligible
Culet : Pointed
Girdle : Faceted 1.0% - 1.4%

We''ve been looking for a long time for a very well cut 3/4 carat which will catch the light nicely. The ring is beautiful to me, just hoping my fiancee got a good deal too.

stone : $3470
stone in platinum tiffany setting : $3870

Thanks. This website has been a wealth of information for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
md...the stone is definitely inline with online pricing, so you aren't getting ripped off, in fact here is a similar stone for $200 more:

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia13368622/index.htm

So in fact if your stone checks out with an independent appraiser, it's a great deal, especially for an offline purchase. The numbers look good on your stone and if it looks great in person, that's the best part.

I think you've got a great stone here ! I, myself, am not an F VS person, more of an H SI person since I like to maximize size, but it sounds like you have done the research and found exactly what you desire.

Definitely not overpriced on what you are getting and definitely not a mistake type of stone!

Congrats and best of luck!

chantheman

Rough_Rock
It looks like you have a beautiful stone. The pavillion angle measurement is very solid.

At this point there is really no reason to try to decide whether or not you got a good deal.

The important thing to remember is that you love your diamond and any price you paid is small in comparison to the value of the lifetime of happiness it represents.

It is human nature to question our purchases after we pull the trigger. In this case your heart is telling you that you love the diamond. In my opinion this is a good deal.

chantheman

Rough_Rock
Heather,

I believe the tone of your post may be a bit misplaced. While you have your own opinion regarding the price paid for the presented stone, common courtesy should be your guide in determining an appropriate response to a posted question. Certainly you meant well, but your post, as it is written could make mdgirlie feel bad about her purchase.

Just food for thought. I look forward to your continued offerings to the forum.

Edited to Add:
It appears the post I refer to above has been removed, my above has therefore been now rendered a moot point.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that sounds like my kinda stone!!!

In fact, the numbers on mine are very similar, and it''s a stunner (if I do say so myself!
2.gif
)

As for the price, it seems like a fair deal to me. While there are cheaper stones out there, I doubt they would be of as nice a cut quality as this one.

So now, please post pics, we''d love to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results