shape
carat
color
clarity

Is This A Nice Brownish/Pinkish Zircon? 8mm Round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hi Psers,

I''m planning to get this next week (hopefully it''s still available by then). Zircon is one of my favorite gems (have no idea why). Thought it would be nice to hear your thoughts and recommendations first regarding this gem before I proceed. I really like its sparkle & unusual color for a zircon (plus its size, 8mm round).

Here''s the vendor''s pic...

Please let me know what you think (e.g. color, cut, extinction, gray, etc.)

CP_Zircon.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the picture it looks too dark toward the center.

Zircons are lovely stones, I''ve got tons in different colors. But they can sometimes go a bit dark in sunlight. The blues and yellows dont tend to do this and I don''t really know why that is. The champagne ones can (I have one that does, the other dosen''t) but my red, orange, and rose colors nearly black out in sunlight and I''m not talking about full on sun either!

They do however look fantastic in natural low light, candle light, and incandescent lights.

If its not terribly expensive and there''s a good return policy, it may be well worth it to see if you like it in person. but I think for zircons you should be wary of any darkness in the center of the stone.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The table is a bit too large. My concern is that you would only see flash around the edges, and a darker void in the middle.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''m biased to neutrals so I''d take it - but that''s just me. IMO it really has a potential to look great in either rose or yellow gold and make quite a stunning piece. The cutting might not be something amazing (compared to precision cuts), but since it''s a round and a zircon, it''ll probably be more lively than 90% of native cut stones (dark tone helps in that department and could even hide a smallish window if necessary).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO I would give it a try. Zircons are quite sparkly and this one looks like it would perform quite well for you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is too iffy for me. If shipping/return isn''t a hassle for you, it might be worth getting it just to check it out. If it''s international, I''d play it safe and not get it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results