shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a legitimate lab website? It’s a Mandarin page.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My translator indicates it’s in Mandarin. I know there’s an NQTC gem lab in Hong Kong, but it’s a completely different website.

I only know English, which further complicates my research.

Thanks in advance.

I've never heard of it, so I can't speak to its legitimacy. Hopefully, someone more familiar with Asian labs will be around to answer your question. Is this just an educational inquiry or are you considering buying a gem accompanied by a report from this lab? If it's the latter, you know what I'm about to say... be sure to have a generous return policy and then have the GIA or AGL check it out to confirm. Oh, and then kindly show us the stone.
jitteryfooguy.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im
Buy
I've never heard of it, so I can't speak to its legitimacy. Hopefully, someone more familiar with Asian labs will be around to answer your question. Is this just an educational inquiry or are you considering buying a gem accompanied by a report from this lab? If it's the latter, you know what I'm about to say... be sure to have a generous return policy and then have the GIA or AGL check it out to confirm. Oh, and then kindly show us the stone.
jitteryfooguy.gif

I’m thinking of purchasing a piece of jade as a gift, and this is a lab that the vendor, gojade on eBay, uses. I heard that was a recommended jade dealer here, but I’m not sure. I am clueless when it comes to jade.

Here’s an example report (not the piece I’m considering, but if you search on the scan code, the nqtc315.com website shows the report.

IMG_1979.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got certificates from that lab but I always had my stuff sent to Hong Kong to get another report from a different lab so I can’t say if this lab is reliable.

For what it’s worth everything that was issued with a certificate from this lab has checked out at the Hong Kong lab.

Jade is one of those stones I'm not so familiar with (I don't own any), and the GIA doesn't teach you much about opaque stones. Is it relatively straight forward to ID? Are the treatments tricky to decipher (dying, stabilizing, etc.)?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the treatments tricky to decipher (dying, stabilizing, etc.)?
VERY, from what I’ve learned. There’s many more people on this forum that know much more than I do. However, from what I’ve learned, some treatments can only be determined by a prpoer lab. Jadeite is often more messed with than nephrite it seems, as well.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
The most trustworthy gem lab in China is NGTC National Gemstone Testing Center http://www.ngtc.com.cn/ which has strict oversight by the government. China’s consumers place importance on certificates for rubies, jadeite , diamonds, and other gems. NGTC has international collaborations with other gem labs like AIGS and institutes so it is well recognised and respected.
I haven’t heard of NQTC. Because China is so large, there has been a proliferation of labs. According to the website, NQTC was established in 2015. The website has stock photographs of non-Chinese and gem equipment. The news on their website is from 2017 or before and has nothing to do with NQTC. Their ”About Us” page makes claims about the qualifications of their gemologists and values but it is vague. It is strange they have no address. Shouldn’t a gem lab list locations? I have seen some dubious labs set up sites where their reports can be checked.
All my jadeite (fei cui) pieces have gem reports from Hong Kong Jade & Stone Lab, which is reputable and internationally respected.
Please have a look at this page for more cautionary notes:
When it comes to buying jadeite online, Caveat Emptor. Of all gems I have found Jade to be most challenging! Most of what I have learnt is from Chinese gemology sources :oops2:

The most trustworthy gem lab in China is NGTC National Gemstone Testing Center http://www.ngtc.com.cn/ which has strict oversight by the government. I haven’t heard of NQTC.

It's always concerning when one of these facilities uses a name or acronym so similar to another separate, reputable lab. That's a major red flag for me right there. I should have tagged you in this... our jade aficionado!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crimson

Very helpful information!

Thank you!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results