shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good radiant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SquareRadiant

Rough_Rock
Can one of the experts on here please tell me if this is a good radiant? I believe it is not but I would like to know how bad it is.

Weight: 1.00 cts

Radiant
5.85 - 5.68 x 3.78

total depth: 66.5%
table width: 79%
crown height: 7%
pavilion depth: 57%
Girdle thickness: Thin, Polished

Finish
Polish: Very good
Symmetry: Good to v. good
Cutlet: None

Clarity grade: VS2
Graining: Nil

Color grade: E

Flourescence: None

Thanks in advance for your help

Chris

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again SR
35.gif

These are the numbers for the EGL diamond you already bought and got engaged with, that you posted about yesterday right? I hope one of the experts can chime in and help you further, but as you know, Radiants are tricky to analyse by the numbers. and really it would be hard to predict how it looks in this way, perhaps adding your photos of it to this thread might help. But the main thing is that you are unhappy with it, did you find out whether you can return it possibly or not? Also I was re- reading the other thread and it seems that you are wondering if a different setting might help with the dark area? I doubt it would be helpful but I hope one of our experts can advise you with this.

ETA- added your other thread for convenience as it has the pics posted in it.
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-new-ring-something-wrong.72744/

SquareRadiant

Rough_Rock
Yes it is. I didn''t seem to get a response from my last post so I figured I word it different and I''m keeping my fingers crossed that someone can tell me something. I went to another Jeweler today who was reluctant to be mean about it but he said it wasn''t a real good cut. I want to go back to the Jeweler my fiancee purchased this stone at but I need to be able to tell him what is wrong because I know he will try to talk circles around me. I''d really like someone to be honest about this and tell me seriously what this stone is worth. I''m sure the guy overcharged my fiancee because he told him it had a "Very good cut". I know this is absolutely a lie based on everything I''ve read here.

SquareRadiant

Rough_Rock
Oh..sorry I just reread your other question. I was there when my fiancee was asking him about the return policy before he actually went back and purchased the ring. He skirted around the issue and said we could always come back if we were unhappy. On the brochure it says if you find something with the same color clarity size and find it at another store they will reimburse the difference because they guarantee the lowest price (notice nothing mentioned about cut). The receipt says NO REFUNDS. I know I can exchange there but how do I feel about that knowing the guy lied already. I need to arm myself with the numbers I guess to make sure an exchange is actually a better one. Not much information out there on radiants though. I do have the one chart so I guess I''ll take that with me. This is horrible. I feel like a jerk because I saw the stone...I absolutely did not see a dark circle in the middle when I looked at it loose. That''s what scares me about picking out another one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2007 12:15:08 PM
Author: SquareRadiant
Yes it is. I didn't seem to get a response from my last post so I figured I word it different and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone can tell me something. I went to another Jeweler today who was reluctant to be mean about it but he said it wasn't a real good cut. I want to go back to the Jeweler my fiancee purchased this stone at but I need to be able to tell him what is wrong because I know he will try to talk circles around me. I'd really like someone to be honest about this and tell me seriously what this stone is worth. I'm sure the guy overcharged my fiancee because he told him it had a 'Very good cut'. I know this is absolutely a lie based on everything I've read here.
I think that is the thing, if you want an expert to give you an honest opinion based on the info we have, then perhaps one can do so. Basically a diamond is valued on many things, carat weight, type of lab grading report, colour and clarity and cut as you know - you can use the search tool Pricescope your Diamond at the top of the page to search for EGL graded Radiants of similar size, cut and clarity, this will give you an idea of pricing. Bear in mind it is usual for online prices to be lower than brick and mortar establishments. Also which branch of EGL graded this diamond? It should say on the report if it is EGL USA, Israel, Europe, Antwerp etc.

I think if you truly dislike this diamond and it seems you do, see about going back and going for an exchange. Does it have to be a Radiant shape? I was wondering as a round diamond for example, is far easier to choose by the numbers, but if it is another Radiant you want, I can post a chart which will give you a baseline for the numbers, but again use your eyes mainly. When looking at other diamonds, ask if you can take it out into daylight if possible away from the store lights., Also I don't know if it is worth me mentioning again, do you have a ' cooling off' period in the laws of your State where you might be able to get a refund, even if the store says no? I have no idea if this would be applicable to you, but it might be worth investigating.

This may be the chart you already have, but in case it isn't here you go.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results