shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rev22

Rough_Rock
im trying to see if this is the right one to go for!
i had originally been looking to get a vs2/si1 but this, i was told, is a si2+ that will be eye-clean once mounted. i havent had the benefit of seeing it live though and not sure i''ll get to.

price: $8600
cert: GIA
size: 1.51c
color: G
clarity: SI2
depth: 61.8%
table: 56%
polish/symm: VG / EX
crown / pav ang: 35.7 / 40.6
culet% / girlde%: 0.6% / 2.0%

there is a picture attached with a small arrow pointing to the ''feather'' at the bottom which is the main inclusion. im being told that it should be covered by the prongs.

IMG_2503 (Large).jpg

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 3:52:47 PM
Author:rev22
im trying to see if this is the right one to go for!
I''d say...yes!

Check it out of course. Particularly, ask the question, why do you suppose it wasn''t sent to AGS. Ask it of both the dealer, and of an appraiser you should use after you buy it. But, it looks like an exciting little number.

Though this one has both the AGS and ACA brand and pedigree, it''s similar and $1500 more. Also, to all appearances, not only does it fall within the new AGS0, but it''s also an FIC, which are said to be quite attractive (I have one, but am wholly unprejudiced).

If there are factors of light performance that the vendor would have judged would have kept the AGS0 from attaching, you may be concerned just a bit, but I''m guessing that angles tell a lot of the story, that the decision to send to GIA was less calculated than that (though others smarter than I may comment) and that it''s a winner.

Let us know how it goes!

rev22

Rough_Rock
thanks for the post.
what does it mean to be FIC? i have heard of ags 0 before but had not heard about FIC.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 6:09:59 PM
Author: rev22
thanks for the post.
what does it mean to be FIC? i have heard of ags 0 before but had not heard about FIC.
Read above the tutorial under Knowledge for the big picture, and the development of the HCA for diamond evaluation. Then, for more detail, and the 3 types of diamonds, see this for FICs. The F is for fire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results