shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price for this stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Achilles

Rough_Rock
GIA Report
Shape: Round
Meas: 6.65-6.69x3.90
Weight: 1.04
Depth: 58.5%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: SI2
Color: D
Fluor: None
Price: $6400

I feel this should be around 5k and not $6400 but my jeweler said he is cutting me a break. The stone is amazing and I could not even see any inclusions without him pointing them out. I was looking for a good stone for 7k around 1.25 carat

Achilles

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input as I appreciate it.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/17/2005 10:39:57 PM
Author:Achilles
GIA Report
Shape: Round
Meas: 6.65-6.69x3.90
Weight: 1.04
Depth: 58.5%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: SI2
Color: D
Fluor: None
Price: $6400

I feel this should be around 5k and not $6400 but my jeweler said he is cutting me a break. The stone is amazing and I could not even see any inclusions without him pointing them out. I was looking for a good stone for 7k around 1.25 carat
There are alot of advantages of working with a reputable jeweler. If you want the best cut stone for your money I think you can get a bigger, better cut-quality diamond at a comparable price to "The Break" your jeweler says he''s cutting you.

There are some very nice si-2 quality stones out there. I would lurk on the forum a little longer and talk to a couple reputable on-line vendors. Chances are you are going to have access to a better selection and much better quality stone if you want to emphasize cut-quality.

I haven''t seen this stone in particular. You say you really like it. Try and get a couple on-line vendors to source you some diamonds. Take a look at the high-quality Hearts & Arrows diamonds. I think you will be surprised. Look at many stones. I think you can definitely beat this price for a better cut larger stone, so look around more...
35.gif

-Josh
35.gif

Achilles

Rough_Rock
I appreciate the advice Josh. This stone was very close to a hearts and arrow. I know I can do better and have been looking for the last month and plan on finding some better deals online and presenting them to my jeweler. Thanks again as it was great advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results