shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price for this princess cut diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaoboy

Rough_Rock
Hey all

I''ve been looking around for a ring for my girl.. I''m looking at 1 carat square princess cut with a budget of around $5000-$6000 for the entire ring. I went to one jeweler who showed me the following diamond:

5.85 x 5.70 x 3.94 mm
1.04 carats
VS1
H color
Depth: 69.1%
Table: 74%
Girdle: VTN to THK
Cutlet: none
Polish: good
Symmetry: very good

She quoted me a price of $4400.. She told me the Rapaport sheet said $5300 for a similar diamond, but I''ve read that those numbers are just a starting point for pricing.

Am I getting a good deal at $4400? Or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks for any input!

kaoboy

Rough_Rock
Oops.. I forgot to mention that it is a GIA cert.

Any input?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaoboy,
try plugging in your number''s on the home page and search for other diamonds with the same critera. I''m no expert on princess cuts but when i ran you numbers the first one''s to pop up were all under $4000..i would definitely research it a bit further before buying. are you comfortable buying online? They may be slight increase for buying at a local store which may be worth it to you.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
There is a 1.03 H VS1 GIA certed princess with 69.3 depth and 74 table listed by seven vendors, ranging from $3932 to $4389. So I think your price is reasonable considering you get to buy locally and see the stone in person.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
The price seems reasonable given that you are buying it in a store. Typically you end up paying a bit higher than online.

Why don't you print out the prices on the websites and show it to the dealer of this princess to see if they would lower the cost? Ask to speak to the owner. I've learned from bargaining that just when you think you brought them to their lowest, there is always room for a little more.

I got princess cut earings .45 in each ear (.9 total) (loose) F VS1 for $1,000 total with no tax at a store (good cut) and the set it in a 18k screw prong for free. I just went to WF and they sell only a single .45ct princess between $1,000-1,2000. So sometimes you just have to learn how to bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results