shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price for a custom setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
The guys at Quest are wonderful and so reasonably priced! I really enjoyed meeting Pete in person - he was very responsive and helpful.
36.gif

There''s a thread on SMTR with PScoper''s Quest creations. You should take a look! Everyone who has worked with them seem extremely pleased with their customer service, workmanship, and there are *glowing* reviews. For that much of a price difference, I wouldn''t hesitate to go with Quest if I were you!

Quest''s craftsmanship is excellent (I would have been happy for them to make my ring), and they have great turn-around time - they estimated 3-4 weeks!

The only reason I chose not to go with Quest was because I''ve had my heart set on a Leon Mege creation for years. My problem was that part of me would always want a Leon... I knew that I would keep looking at his website enviously unless I ended up with my own, sooner or later.
11.gif
I decided to go with Leon to spare my poor hubby from buying ANOTHER sparklie - we''re going to take a sparkle break, at least for a little while.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quest!!! Their work is amazing and well worth it. They did an awesome job on my asscher ring.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe another vote for Quest here! Honestly, I really really love the finish on their work it still amazes me how well finished the inside of my ring is and now that I''ve seen other Quest creations in person I''m really blown away by the quality of their work.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m bias too, but had a wonderful experience with Quest and they did an amazing job on my ring..

M00C0W25

Rough_Rock
Glowing reviews and the lowest price...how can I NOT have them do the setting!! It looks like I will have Quest create the setting then.

I live outside of Philadelphia so it is a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there so I will communicate via e-mail and phone, but I will probably drive there to pick it up. Should I try and deal with Pete directly (I did not receive the e-mail from him)?

Thank you all again for all your help...I have been researching, pricing, searching, etc for almost a year now and this forum has been the biggest help!

-Matt
9.gif
9.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe I live 3 hours from them and have made several trips out there already! 2 1/2 when I drive like a speed demon
11.gif
31.gif
Pete is the one you''ll deal with he''s the design type guy and he''s really great too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I worked with Hap but spoke with both and Huan from time to time. I also did the whole thing through email pictures and phone conversations. You will love working with them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live outside Philly too. I worked with Quest by phone and through emails. I''m so glad you are going with them. My experience with them was great.
2.gif

M00C0W25

Rough_Rock
For those of you that have worked with Quest, did you buy the diamond from them or someone else? I have noticed that the diamonds from GoG, Blue Nile Signature and the Quest Signature are all priced about the same. I wasn''t sure if they offered a bit of a deal for buying both from them.

I will keep everyone updated and post pictures once I have the ring!

Thanks!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know about price wise but I know if you purchase your diamond from them they have an upgrade policy similar to other vendors, its not on their website so you''ll have to ask about it. HTH
35.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, I had platinum rings made with my own stones and they rings cost me around $1700.00 each. That was with allot of engraving to match my Viachi er..... Good luck :)

M00C0W25

Rough_Rock
Hey All,

I have an appointment to go down to Quest on Sunday to go check out a diamond! If all goes well I should have the ring in 3-4 weeks! Anything special I should be aware of?

-Matt

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
The brothers are great. I''d just make sure to tell them you want to be involved in the whole process from seeing the cad/cams, then the wax to be sure you don''t see anything major you might want to change. They can email you pics if you can''t get back to see them in person. They will do a great job though. I actually didn''t have cads or a wax for my ring to look at and it turned out exactly how I wanted it. Good luck..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 3:36:08 PM
Author: tiger007g
The guys at Quest are wonderful and so reasonably priced! I really enjoyed meeting Pete in person - he was very responsive and helpful.
36.gif

There''s a thread on SMTR with PScoper''s Quest creations. You should take a look! Everyone who has worked with them seem extremely pleased with their customer service, workmanship, and there are *glowing* reviews. For that much of a price difference, I wouldn''t hesitate to go with Quest if I were you!

Quest''s craftsmanship is excellent (I would have been happy for them to make my ring), and they have great turn-around time - they estimated 3-4 weeks!

The only reason I chose not to go with Quest was because I''ve had my heart set on a Leon Mege creation for years. My problem was that part of me would always want a Leon... I knew that I would keep looking at his website enviously unless I ended up with my own, sooner or later.
11.gif
I decided to go with Leon to spare my poor hubby from buying ANOTHER sparklie - we''re going to take a sparkle break, at least for a little while.
Tiger I just have to say I adore you puppy, how handsome is he!!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Try to bring your own IdealScope...they don''t have one but they do have a H&A viewer and they should be able to tell you what to look for in ideal specs wise.
Date: 3/9/2006 1:35:53 PM
Author: M00C0W25
Hey All,

I have an appointment to go down to Quest on Sunday to go check out a diamond! If all goes well I should have the ring in 3-4 weeks! Anything special I should be aware of?

-Matt

jusradiantshopping

Rough_Rock
Anyone have experience with custom designs through whiteflash? Last person I talked to about a custom job @ whiteflash was Bob Hoskins.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out this thread..Bob is great and who I worked with on my custom project.

M00C0W25

Rough_Rock
Hey all! So I went down to Quest (only took 2hrs on Sunday morning) and met with Huan. All I can say is that it was a great experience and I came out of the meeting quite confident in my purchase. I am going ahead with having the Cartier-Like setting made and I even purchased the stone from them (see details below). Thank you all again for all your help, I will make sure to post pictures once I receive the ring!

The stone received all Excellents and a Total Visual Perfomance of 0.9 on the HCA...Let me know what you all think.

-Matt

AGS000
Size: 1.027 Carats
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Dimensions: 6.54x6.57x3.95
Depth %: 60.30
Table %: 57.00
Crown Angle: 33.9
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Culet: Pointed
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: P
Girdle: Thin-Medium
Fluorescence: None

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not an expert on rounds but that diamond sounds gorgeous!! We might be buying our diamond from them and I was super surprised with how reasonable the prices were and I think my bf is in love with Pete. I can''t wait to see yours when it is finished!! They are so busy lately I don''t know how they do the rings that quickly!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2006 7:35:57 AM
Author: M00C0W25

The stone received all Excellents and a Total Visual Performance of 0.9 on the HCA...Let me know what you all think.
Whoever made that system is wiser than I am.
12.gif
Agreed with the rating.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results