shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good Original Radiant Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

My BF and I are shopping for an engagement ring and we have been in contact with a few PS and non-PS vendors. One of the (non-PS) vendors found this branded Original Radiant Cut diamond for us:

GIA cert
1.27ct
Color I
Clarity VS1
Depth 57.3%
Table 65%
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet None
Polish: Good
Sym: Good
Fluorescent: none
6.44*6.41*3.67

The only things that are bothering me about this diamond is the color (was hoping D - H) and depth percentage. What do you guys think?
33.gif

We plan on seeing it next week while in NYC...what should we look for (re. performance, brilliance, etc)? I know we should look at it in natural light, in the shade...where else?

TIA!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Many experts say that radiants hold colour more than some other shapes. The logical thing to do, I suppose, would be to view it and see if the colour is evident and if it bothers you. Just try to view it in a few different lighting situations, but natural daylight (shaded) should be a good start.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good advice D.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Daniela! I''ll definately look at the diamond in different lighting conditions!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Since this is an Original Radiant Cut, I wouldn''t worry so much about the depth. From the Original Radiant Cuts I''ve seen they''re all pretty much well cut stones.

I don''t know how color sensitive you are, but if you aren''t, you may not be bothered by the color. I know that I''m pretty color sensitive, so I got an F colored stone. I was in a jewelry store a couple of months ago looking at their radiants, and they showed me an H colored one. This stone looked very yellow compared to mine. I know I wouldn''t be able to buy an H stone and be satisfied. But your experience may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results