shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowbright

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone for all of your help and advice so far! We have made appointments to see Barry in Excel Diamonds and Mark with Engagement Rings Direct when we visit New York in December. In the meantime I have been happily searching for diamonds online. Can someone please advise if this is a good one?

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/135864.html

Many many thanks in advance!

Rainbow Bright
emrainbow.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Assuming you are referring to the 1 ct. G VS2, so far, so good. We would need more info to really tell.

rainbowbright

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your help Ellen - the only information available on the website is what I have pasted below - I assume I need to contact the supplier for further information - is there anything specific I should be asking?

General Specifications
Item # : 135864K
Carat : 1
Clarity : VS2
Color : G

GIA Specifications
Measurements : 6.34 x 6.37 x 3.95
Depth : 62.2
Table : 56%
Polish : Excellent
Symmetry : Excellent
Fluorescence : None

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not impressed by the omissions of data from this stone (and the vendor).

For example the spread is small which suggests the girdle is thick. But you were not given girdle data.
GIA certs have a lot more info - it is missing. Why one wonders?

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 10:33:38 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I am not impressed by the omissions of data from this stone (and the vendor).

For example the spread is small which suggests the girdle is thick. But you were not given girdle data.
GIA certs have a lot more info - it is missing. Why one wonders?
You need to email them to get the full GIA report. I wonder why they do that too.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I *think* the SuperCert Rounds are in house and have full information and the other''s are from a virtual list.

rainbowbright

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone, we will email for the full spec. I am getting worried now- I still feel that we don''t know enough about diamonds (despite living on this forum for the past couple of weeks, my brain freezes when I hear flouresence and table - I can only get my head around the 4 Cs) and I am really afraid that we won''t recognise a good diamond when we see one. Add to that that we only have three days in which to purchase and collect and the I am beginning to have sleepless nights.
Unfortunately we don''t have anymore time than that due to work commitments
emcry.gif

If anyone has anytime and could recommend a good diamond for around the $6000 mark I would really appreciate it. We were hoping for a 1 carat E-G VS2 (ideally Hearts and Arrows) - are we setting ourselves up for failure?

Gosh, I was so excited about the trip to New York and buying our dream ring and now I am just terrifed that it won''t work out
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results