shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good deal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaldmd

Rough_Rock
This local jeweler said that this was an estate diamond he got, he has the gia certificate, and it matches( atleast to me)

here are the specs from what i can remember

color D
SI1 Clarity
1.71 ct
6.64x6.34mm

it has an extra facet underneath

it is shines very nice and is eye clean.i have some loose diamonds and he said he would make a white semi mount with my diamonds and the above for $8300, seems like a good deal, he originally started at $9500 for just the diamond.
is there anything i should look for the now that the cert letter from gia is real?

and would it be safe to pay cash and have him write a detailed receipt, just in case anything happens

thanks,

vegasjon

Rough_Rock
I''m a total greenhorn, so maybe an expert can back me up and lend some real credibility... but there''s no way a 1.71 round brilliant diamond is less than 7 mm across. Is it a different cut?

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there and welcome!
What shape is this diamond? I am assuming it is a princess cut? That is not enough information to tell the quality of cut. Can you post more numbers, including the depth, etc?

jaldmd

Rough_Rock
sorry it is a radiant cut and i believe the depth is 4.71. the percentages were in the 70-74% for table and pavilion

sorry that is all i remember, in the sun it was very brilliant though

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... I do not know that much about fancy shapes, but I would read up on this chart and go through the tutorial here. Most diamonds look fantastic under jewelers lights and sunshine. From the numbers you gave, it doesn''t look too good. I would keep on looking. The depth will make it look small for its carat weight.

jaldmd

Rough_Rock
i checked it out is 64% for the table.

that is with the mount made to fit this diamond and some others that i have

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results