shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good cushion cut deal ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrewlowe3

Rough_Rock
I''m just about to take the plunge on an ER for my wife to be.

We''ve looked at a number of ring designs together and she has finally decided on a pave diamond setting with a cushion cut diamond from a local BM.

The cushion he is offering is GIA certified with the following details

1.73 c
G / SI1
Table 59%
Depth 66%
Polish / Sym : Good
Fluor : None
7.26 x 6.63 x 4.43

The price is $12,456

What does everyone think ? I know that I might be able to get a better deal (and certainly no tax) from an online supplier but my gf is dead set on the ring and I''m not sure how happy the BM would be to sell me the ring and put my diamond in it (as well as the possibility it might not fit which his does !)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey andrew
35.gif
welcome to ps!

if this is the ring your gf wants, then this is the ring you must get!
28.gif

nothing else matters really.

i hope we will get a chance to see it!
36.gif

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Compared to this one:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/cushion_1_63ct_g_si1.htm for $11K
it doesn''t seem like a too bad deal, since yours IS somewhat bigger. But have you tried negotiating?

Also, after seeing it in person, were you as impressed with the stone as with the ring? Settings can always be replicated...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Price does not seem completely unreasonable....

Have you seen this stone in person? Does she like the facet pattern of this specific cushion? They can all look kind of different from one another...

More importantly, is the stone eye-clean? It is an SI1, so be careful of that.

If the answer to the last 2 questions are yes, then looks as if you found the one!!!

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Is that the price for the total ring including setting?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think it is the price for the diamond alone...

andrewlowe3

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your help and advice. Here are the answers to your questions !

The price is for the diamond only, the ring is $2100 which I''m pretty happy with. I haven''t tried negotiating until I got some opinions which I now have (thanks for that !) so I will try and negotiate now !.

The diamond is beautiful and definitely eye clean - I took a look at it with a x10 viewer and even then had problems seeing any obvious flaws but, hey, what do I know !.

My wife to be is dead set on it so I think I''ll go for it - I''ll try and get a picture so you can all see it.

Thanks again everyone

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 11:36:06 AM
Author: andrewlowe3
Thank you everyone for your help and advice. Here are the answers to your questions !

The price is for the diamond only, the ring is $2100 which I''m pretty happy with. I haven''t tried negotiating until I got some opinions which I now have (thanks for that !) so I will try and negotiate now !.

The diamond is beautiful and definitely eye clean - I took a look at it with a x10 viewer and even then had problems seeing any obvious flaws but, hey, what do I know !.

My wife to be is dead set on it so I think I''ll go for it - I''ll try and get a picture so you can all see it.

Thanks again everyone
Welcome to PS...Hey as a fellow cushion lover and now owner, if she loves it that much and you are comfortable with the cost and with whom you are dealing with, go with your conscience. You are the one that can see the stone and decide if it has that certain umphf. Cushions are interesting stones and very individual and can differ very much in patterning. If you feel good about it and things check out, go for it. The numbers are only part of the equation and do not really hold alot of water with fancy cuts I found out. I hold firm on cut of the stone.

Good luck...
emrose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results