shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good buy? (and some questions)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bearsfan72

Rough_Rock
I think I''ve finally found the diamond I want to purchase. I just have a few last minute concerns.

I''m worried that I''m paying for features that I don''t need, for example how much difference is there between an E and a G color or could anyone tell the difference between VS2 and SI1 when it''s set in the ring?

Another concern is the difference between the table% is 65% that much better, if at all than a 70%.

Finally I don''t know if there are better deals out there for a diamond with the same specs. Sorry I have so many questions. Help is GREATLY apprecaited, thanks!

Here''s the diamond I want to buy

Carat weight: 0.58
Cut: Very Good
Color: E
Clarity VS2

Depth %: 74.2%
Table %: 65%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 4.67x4.58x3.40 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.02

bearsfan72

Rough_Rock
Oh duh I forgot to mention that it is a princess cut and the price is $1588. Thanks for any help!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m no expert, but you could certainly pay less by going down in color and clarity. I doubt that you would see much difference between an E and a G and if you could find an eye clean SI1 why pay for VS2? As for the table if you take a look at Dave Atlas''s cut chart by clicking on Knowledge at the top of the page and then Fancy Cuts you will see that he indicates a table size of 62 to 68% for the best cut princess cut stones. The depth of your stone seems in line too, but you don''t have any crown angle information. To find out what a comparable stone sells for among the pricescope vendors you can use the "pricescope your diamond" feature. In my limited experience with princess cut diamonds it is nice to see them in person to see how sparkly they are.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
as sundial noted, you can use the search tool above to get an idea on pricing. i would definitely consider going down in color/clarity. if you find a good eye-clean si stone you will never notice the difference between it and a vs without a loupe.
best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results