shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there something wrong with this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Thinking about bringing this one in to look at in person...stats seem too good for the price...any thoughts?

Certificate > GIA

Shape > Radiant

Carat > 1.00

Color > F

Clarity > VVS2

Regular Price > $4463

Wire Transfer Price > $4333

Measurements > 6.26-5.26-3.41 mm

Depth Percentage > 64.80 %

Table Percentage > 65 %

Girdle > TN-STK

Culet > N

Polish > Very Good

Symmetry > Good

Fluorescence > None

Special Notes > Excellent Cut

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a very nice stone for a very nice price (assuming GIA).

This is square-ish almost (below 1.2:1 L/W). Is this sort of shape what you are looking for ?

Otherwise, aside these numbers one Ideal Scope picture could say lots more about brilliance. More detailed numbers would not help with this - if it matters.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
hi valeria,

As you may or may not know, i''m looking for a beautiful radiant...the ratio is 1.9...i would think this is somewhat rectangular, no? My gf and I were looking for something @ 1.2 since she likes it kinda rectangular, but ''square rectangular''! lol...you girls! I have requested some images already....here is a pic of the stone...I''ve been doing about 3months of research and it just makes me wonder why this one is below most of what I''ve seen in the same quality range...

Radiant 1ct F-VVS2.jpg

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Can someone also answer this for me???

Why do the numbers on the sarin differ from those on the GIA? I still haven''t gotten a simple answer for this....when using the diy cut grading software on gemappraisers, the different numbers change a stone I''m looking at from 2b to 1b!

Thanks....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2004 7:24:56 PM
Author: chris143007

it just makes me wonder why this one is below most of what I''ve seen in the same quality range...
Perhaps good luck ? ;-) Nothing shows in the numbers available, so you would likely need someone to look at this stone to say more.

It could be that the variation of girdle thickness hides some sort of visible detraction - but this is just hair splitting and second guessing at it''s worst. No reason not to take a look at that one. Sounds charming, really.

I can definitely understand the appeal of that "squareish rectangular" shape. Looks good to me to, as do "rovals" and what not. But it could have drawn the price down a tad as well...

Would you consider showing this to an appraiser?

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
In a perfect world, I would have the stone sent to me and I could look it over for about a week with an appraiser....

but... the vendor i''m dealing with doesn''t do that...they offer a 30 day $ back return policy, but you have to purchase the stone before they send it to you...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2004 7:401 PM
Author: chris143007
In a perfect world, I would have the stone sent to me and I could look it over for about a week with an appraiser....

but... the vendor i''m dealing with doesn''t do that...they offer a 30 day $ back return policy, but you have to purchase the stone before they send it to you...

30 days should be enough for appraisal... Does the return policy come with any strings ?

Aside some Pricescope die-hards, no idea how many would ship out diamonds without some safet net...
7.gif
Not a perfect world, as you say...

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
No strings attached...called and spoke to them today on the phone about this....

30 days from when you receive the stone, to when it has to be back in their hands...

I don''t see too much review material from this vendor on PS, but they seem to have a good rep in other sites, etc.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Called the vendor today, they don''t have any images on this stone in regards to light return, etc.

So my only option if I want to see the stone is buy it, do my own tests, and if I''m not satisfied, return the stone within 30 days....opinions?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
WOW! PEFRECT SHAPE--RADIANTS ARENT REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE SQUARE ARE THEY...............

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
sorry, the ratio is not 1.9, but 1.19 lol.....

Anyhow, if I were to buy this stone, what would I do, spend some money to get it analyzed for leakage, etc?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
why do you take it to an appraiser that is equipped to do alll that--------David Wolf is Ny is very very good. Also I found two on pricescope that were 1.11 Gvs 1 with Blue nile with vg and ex s/p and better depth and table......................there were a few others that were very appealing (on paper) on paper of course

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results