shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there anyone in California?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
hello all...i live in california and really wish i could find a place that i can see royal asschers or square emerald cut stones. i''ve read tons of ''threads'' by many of you folks who''ve posted your thoughts, experiences, etc. (thank you all, by the way)

i''m frustrated at this point because it seems that i''m stuck doin'' the... pay/ship/view/return ...pay/ship another/view/return...method. if that''s what i have to do, then so be it...i''ve been to a few b/m''s and it seems like i''m pullin'' teeth to get a coupla SE''s called in to view, let alone a royal. i don''t want anything they sell over the counter.

as far as royal''s go, they''re few and far between, and the choice of specs is basically whatever you can find listed on some website...then you better suck it up while it''s available.

anyhow....any advice? anyone in california i can run to? it''s a large purchase for me so i don''t mind drivin'' a coupla hours to get to look at some quality stones...

it''s just that i''m not lookin'' forward to the fedex way of lookin'' at stones....

thanks in advance for any advice...

most sincerely, ron.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
also...i forgot to ask (no offense intended to anyone who doesn''t actually own a SE or Royal
emotion-18.gif
)...i''d also love to hear from someone who actually owns (or has seen enuf to really know) a Royal or SE.....where''d ya get ''em from? ...lol.....

thanks again folks....

sincerely, ron....wanna be Royal/SE owner...

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
California''s a huge state? What part of california are you from? Northern, Southern, Bay Area?

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
yeah...i was born and raised here...i forgot how large it is....i''m in central california.

thanks for your reply...

widget

Ideal_Rock
I found this on the RA website:

"To find a retailer near you, call: 1-800-432-8895"

widget

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
widget...thank you. the number for fabrikant and sons....

callista

Rough_Rock
Hi Tierdog!

If you want to look at SE diamonds, you can go to Joe Escobar in Campbell (www.escobardiamonds.com). Speak to Mary, she was very helpful and friendly. Although she didn''t have any SE in the size I was looking for, she showed me a nice 1.80 and 2 ct. asscher that I just couldn''t stop looking at. They have a lifetime trade up policy and said their prices are very competitive with internet prices, but did say at times they can''t match them. Or, you can take a trip to the SF jewlery mart and go to Derco Diamonds (www.dercodiamonds.com). Make an appointment with John Sarminento. He is also very friendly and helpful. Patient as well. I talked to him for an hour about diamonds and he knew I was not ready to buy, but he took the time to educate me. Also, Giraux (www.giraux.com) at the jewelrymart. You can request a guest pass on their site, just click on the contact tab to request one, then you can go to any store. A word of caution though. Giraux has two stores, one carries asschers, one does not. Although they do carry very nice asschers, when I was ther last, Marion, one of the salesladies claimed all their asschers were excellent polish, excellent finish, but when she turned around to get more asschers, we noticed a couple were VG/EX! She was also the one who was pretty snobby and didn''t seem like she wanted to help us out at all. Didn''t ask me when was the big day, or offer any information on the stones unless I asked. She even sighed one time when I asked her about measurments! The only time she smiled was when my friend commented that they were by far the best asschers we had seen all day. True, they looked good, but overpriced. I would not buy there, just look. I would definitely check out Derco though. They have a beautiful showroom and diamonds and settings to match. I''m not sure of the pricing, but they seemed cheaper than Girauxs. If you do go to the jewelrymart, go see the store Just Bands, they actually sell diamonds there too. I forgot the guy''s name that I spoke to, but he was very nice and pulled some asschers for me to see. They weren''t my taste as far as specs wise, but he said he would get whatever I wanted when I was ready and would beat anyone''s price, now I like that!

Also check out CH Jewelers (they have two locations: Valleyfair mall and Mc Carthy Ranch www.chpremier.com), but don''t buy there! They are waaay overpriced, but carry settings like Daniel K and Lazare. I know that Davidson and Licht at Valley Fair mall(www.davidsonandlicht.com) carried RA at one point, but I don''t know if they still do. I don''t know of any place here that would, but I''m sure there is some jeweler in CA that carries RAs!

Hope this helps!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Hmm... I remember seeing a place in Beverly Hills that sold them. I am no help though... I cannot remember the name!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 4:48:58 PM
Author:TierHog
hello all...i live in california and really wish i could find a place that i can see royal asschers or square emerald cut stones. i''ve read tons of ''threads'' by many of you folks who''ve posted your thoughts, experiences, etc. (thank you all, by the way)

i''m frustrated at this point because it seems that i''m stuck doin'' the... pay/ship/view/return ...pay/ship another/view/return...method. if that''s what i have to do, then so be it...i''ve been to a few b/m''s and it seems like i''m pullin'' teeth to get a coupla SE''s called in to view, let alone a royal. i don''t want anything they sell over the counter.

as far as royal''s go, they''re few and far between, and the choice of specs is basically whatever you can find listed on some website...then you better suck it up while it''s available.

anyhow....any advice? anyone in california i can run to? it''s a large purchase for me so i don''t mind drivin'' a coupla hours to get to look at some quality stones...

it''s just that i''m not lookin'' forward to the fedex way of lookin'' at stones....

thanks in advance for any advice...

most sincerely, ron.
Hi...I live in Riverside which is inland California. I went to Liberty Diamonds when I was in search of just seeing quality diamonds and they had a ton to choose from. As far as royal asschers or squared emeralds, I don''t know...but check out their website and give them a call. Cristina was very personable and I liked her style of customer service. The other staff members were little too snooty for me and my hubby so we ended up leaving, but their selection since they are diamond cutters is extremely good and worth the drive. I would call ahead though, mention your needs and that you are a Pricescopper and see what they tell you...

Good Luck...if they cannot help you, they might know who can...
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results