shape
carat
color
clarity

is there any Jewelry which you regret?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2005 9:02:37 PM
Author: moremoremore
Not really! That''s probably b/c I don''t have much LOL
23.gif
I go after a few pieces and that''s it for me. I have some stupid little pendants that I don''t wear but nothing expensive that it matters....I do wish I knew more about diamonds when I bought my princess wedding band. The stones are ''ok''...but I love it anyway.

I too love furnishings. And I get carried away that I neglect myself...that;s why I look like a bag lady ... but wanna see my new drapes? LOL I should wear them like Carol Burnett in that Gone With the Wind spoof she did...Scarlett, you look beautiful! Thank you, I saw it in the window and just couldn''t resist.
mmm, That is probably my favorite Carol Burnett skit! When she comes down the stairs with the curtain rod sticking out...it''s just classic!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Patty, I was trying to find a pic ... that''s a riot, right?!!!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I have so many odds and ends in my jewelry box that never get worn. The main offenders are gemstone earrings which are in dainty settings. I just don't care for dainty earrings; I like something a little more eye-catching on my ears. Also, I've learned that I'm just not a ring wearer. I wear my engagement ring on my left hand and a Cartier knock-off rolling ring on middle finger of my right hand. The only other rings I have are sentimental and have a place of honor in my jewelry box, but they're rarely worn. This summer I had some diamonds removed from a couple of rings, earrings, and pendants that I never wear and had them reset into a couple of bangle bracelets, so now they get worn almost everyday.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2005 11:12:13 PM
Author: moremoremore
Patty, I was trying to find a pic ... that''s a riot, right?!!!

This is tiny...but it''s her as Scarlett!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ROTFL!!!!!!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not that I regret any one piece (I currently have no substantial or expensive jewelry to speak of) but I regret the accumulation of crappy, insignificant pieces I''ve purchased on ebay over the years- if I had controlled my impulses I would have enough $$ saved for something really wonderful. I think out of about 50 purchases, there are less than 10 rings I wear! Somewhere down the line they will probably all be sold at a yard sale for .50 a ring.

I also bought some inexpensive silver gemstone pendants awhile back- those get no use either.

From now on, whenever I''m tempted to buy cheapies or costume jewelry I will put the money in a separate account. Wonder what I''ll have in year?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not that I regret any of the pieces that I have accumulated over the years, but some are now out of date so to speak. I am working on some recycling projects and that will be fun.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I just put on 3 things I haven''t worn for a long time I have a thin white gold band from My mom, a think gold band from and old boyfriend, and an antique carved plainum band! I stacked them, and they look really cute!

The piece I regret is the multi-stone ring my husband bought for me while we were first dating. We took the money for the ring, and bought a house 3 weeks before we got married! So, that first ring became my wedding ring. I paired it up with a cool band....I wore it for 5 years, and then inherited my mom''s stone and reset it, and I wear that and love it! I get compliments all the time! I haven''t worn the other in ages!

I think I''ll chop it up an have it made into an anniversary band!

I''m going to be ordering my new ring when I get back from Maine! I''m so excited!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''ve made some mistakes with my diamond jewelry like setting them in gold instead of white gold. Not a big problem cause I am going to get my jeweler to reset them in white gold.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2005 8:35:38 PM
Author: kaleigh
It's not that I regret any of the pieces that I have accumulated over the years, but some are now out of date so to speak. I am working on some recycling projects and that will be fun.
ricycling is good idea!! I am thinking about it! but most my regrent is ring which the diamond is so tiny
so I wonder if it's able to make another ring.
this one is gift from DH and I never wear....it's too huge on my finger
38.gif

and not my style at all.

vam2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flower,
I would take that and make it into a pin. It would be awesome!!!!!
36.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 7:01:26 PM
Author: kaleigh
Flower,
I would take that and make it into a pin. It would be awesome!!!!!
36.gif
kaleigh. it''s good idea!!
but I don''t wear pin at all...so I am thinking to exchange to another thing?
the jeweler told me I can exchange to something else
but I haven''t because my DH belive that I like it....
39.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Flower,
Do you ever wear it???? If not, tell him that you would get more use out of something else....especially w/taking care of the children and all..........
What would you get in exchange???????

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i have always loved buying rings with my birthstone in it for my right hand. now i have the perfect one for me (my original e-ring set with a blue topaz) but i have several others that are just ugly and I am like, what was i thinking when I bought that? I know exactly what I was thinking with one of them..."oooh the pave is F/VS? Its going to be soo sparkly!" (lol) and the pave on it looks like frozen spit (boo). I have another one where the diamonds are so tiny yet poorly cut/included that some look opaque! yuck!

when i was a student most of my friends/classmates were wealthier than me and Tiffany jewelry was the "thing" to have so I racked up a bunch of CC debt on earrings, tag bracelets and necklaces, bean necklace, etc and while I love and still wear it all I wish I would not have spent the money on them when I didn't have the money to spend.

i kind of wish we had bought my current wedding set right away instead of getting one and then changing it. FI could have saved a lot of money. but you live and learn (and get an extra ring out of it, see paragraph above!)
41.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 8:27:15 PM
Author: Maxine
Flower,
Do you ever wear it???? If not, tell him that you would get more use out of something else....especially w/taking care of the children and all..........
What would you get in exchange???????
this ring? I ever wear....I keep telling to my DH about what I like
but he seems don''t care, he likes VCA and just get whenever if he see something new .
even non of dougther want to get this ring...so I am thinking to exchange to flower earring or more small flower ring.

>what was i thinking when I bought that?

that''s I always think!!
5.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2005 6:21:52 PM
Author: day_lily_me
I know I''ve bought jewelry pieces over the years that when I look at them now, I wonder what was I thinking!!!! I noticed that some of you said that you regretted pieces that you bought on QVC or HSN. I''ve never bought any jewelry from those home shopping networks but have been tempted. Are they not well made or you just didn''t like them? Some of their 18kt ''Italian made'' stuff looks really good but I''ve wondered about the quality. I love home decorating too and after about 30 years, I wanted a new dining room suite. Well, if I had gone to the furniture stores and ordered one - just table, chairs, and china cabinet, it would have cost at a minimum of $8k so I decided that since most people don''t use their dining rooms that much, that I would go on a quest for a ''used'' set. It took me 8 months to find something I liked - you have to be flexible and have more than one style in mind - I wanted 18th century or chippendale look - and found a gorgeous one that had a table to seat 12 with the extensions, came with 8 chairs, 2 being arm chairs - the plastic had hardly been removed from the seat cushions although I did have to have those recovered to match my colors - and I even got a china cabinet AND a buffet AND a server for about $3k. It was a real bargain since the couple was getting a divorce and she wanted to sell it fast. They had eaten on the table only ONE time. Showroom condition. You do have to be patient and be willing to spend the time looking and I don''t think you could find as much other furniture like this since most of other room types are used more. But a dining room is something to consider. I learned this from my Mother since she did the same thing when they moved and she wanted a new set
I''m one of those people who bought jewelry on QVC and HSN and later regretted it. Well, not so much regretted, really, just don''t wear the stuff much. Most of it was costume jewelry, like Diamonique stuff just to play with. I wore it a few times for a special occasion kind of thing, or while on vacation and didn''t want to take my real diamond jewelry. I''d have to say that the quality is pretty nice for costume quality jewelry. Some of it is even set in 14K gold. Most of what I bought from QVC or HSN were impulse buys, too. And I guess it didn''t seem worth the hassle or the expense of sending it back...lol.

I got my current china cabinet in an interesting way. My old china cabinet was part of a set, which included a round oak pedestal table. It was very "country" in style. My new house was going to be more traditional, and I didn''t want the old oak set in my new dining room. My mom saw an ad in our local newspaper where a lady had a cherry chippendale dining set for sale or trade. I called her up, and asked what she was looking to trade for. BINGO! She was looking for something more "rustic" in oak! I went and looked at her set, and she came and looked at mine. We both like the other''s set and agreed to trade even up. At the last minute, I had second thoughts about giving up my oak pedestal table and chairs, so I offered her an antique drop leaf oak table that I''d been using as a kitchen table instead, and she agreed! She actually liked it better than the round table, since it would fit her room scale better! In the end, I got a "new" cherry table, chairs, and lighted china cabinet inexchange for the old china cabinet that I never liked anyway and my old kitchen table...lol! I now have the oak table and chairs in my finished basement along with some other oak furniture. I kind of think I ended up with the better end of the bargain.

OldBride

Rough_Rock
I have a rather large collection of American Indian jewelry (Navajo, Hopi and Zuni) which I purchased over 30 years ago at various auctions. I some some extraordinary pieces, but it is no longer my style, and I just don''t wear this type of jewelry. If anyone knows where I could sell this stuff, let me know.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
You will all kill me, but I have some regrets about buying the SP eternity band.
23.gif
Some days I love it, and some days I'm like "why the heck did I buy an eternity band!" The diamonds are 4 points each, but it is a pretty thin band and doesn't hold its own if I wear it by itself (like Mara mentioned about her eternity band). I like it with the solitaire but I have whacked my hand pretty hard a couple of times on the counter or on the door jamb. Yesterday I got diaper rash cream all over it trying to change my never-wants-to-sit-still 16 month old son. It took me 20 minutes to get all the crap out of it b/c it didn't want to come out!
6.gif
I find myself wearing my 5 stone anniversary band more and more often instead.

My other regret was putting my original 0.38ct diamond in a solitaire setting. It was in a pendant and for some reason I just wanted to wear it again in a ring. It looked so small in that ring! I wound up spending more $$ putting it back into a pendant.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 5:11:54 PM
Author: OldBride
I have a rather large collection of American Indian jewelry (Navajo, Hopi and Zuni) which I purchased over 30 years ago at various auctions. I some some extraordinary pieces, but it is no longer my style, and I just don''t wear this type of jewelry. If anyone knows where I could sell this stuff, let me know.
have you tried ebay?

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
OldBride, I agree about sell at E-bay?
it's sounds intresting. as some of Indian jewelry is very populer now.

jellybean.oh!! I am sorry to hear that,....
but I belive that you can sell it with so easy because signed pieces!
2.gif

here is another regret...even I don't remeber what is this stone???
I bought it when I was vacation in Paris
even I made cancel our flight for back to the chanel shop ...sigh...
I guess I got little lost because I got inpresserd that opera of La Dame aux came'lias.

I never can tell my DH to that I am regret with it. because cansel flight to USA....
38.gif
38.gif

P1050783.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jellybean, you should use the band as a stack ring, and get a couple of the Hidalgo (or something similar) enamel bands in colors you love. If they do not have diamonds they are not too expensive. Then you might find you wear the ring more and love it!

denverkat

Rough_Rock
Somewhere between my jewelry/general purchasing naivete and youth, I got suckered into buying something I didn't really want from a jeweler in Santa Fe just over a year ago. The shop owner knew what my meager budget was (I just wanted simple silver/turq) and still pushed a budget-blasting "last chance for this amazing 70% off clearance" amethyst, opal, diamond (so they said) and white gold ring (it was actually tanzanite). I was actually embarassed because at first I couldn't find a credit card with a limit enough to charge it- they kept getting declined. Anyway, I go pick it up that afternoon after the sizing, get back to the hotel and realize the stone is now chipped. Very significantly on the side. So I take it back and of course, I've bought a clearance item- final sale. But they say they'll switch the stone out for me because they want to be nice. Okay, so I get it in the mail a few weeks later and they haven't switched the stone at all- just added gold over half of it, which just looks wonky and horrible. And they refuse to do anything else for me.

I was so upset that I just kept it, and wore it for a little while out of obligation to my new debt. I guess I should have disputed the charge, or argued or something, but I'm not like that. Now I just hate it, and the horrible, ugly thing sits burning a hole in my jewelry box, plus I was still making payments on it until a few months ago.
29.gif

Ironically, I think I found Pricescope just a few months after returning from that trip. Won't ever make those mistakes ever again! (And of course, every time I go back to Santa Fe I spitefully stop by the same jeweler, who is still offering that "final clearance 70% off opportunity")

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 3:30:13 AM
Author: flower12
OldBride, I agree about sell at E-bay?
it''s sounds intresting. as some of Indian jewelry is very populer now.

jellybean.oh!! I am sorry to hear that,....
but I belive that you can sell it with so easy because signed pieces!
2.gif

here is another regret...even I don''t remeber what is this stone???
I bought it when I was vacation in Paris
even I made cancel our flight for back to the chanel shop ...sigh...
I guess I got little lost because I got inpresserd that opera of La Dame aux came''lias.

I never can tell my DH to that I am regret with it. because cansel flight to USA....
38.gif
38.gif
I love the flower but it a bit much for your tiny hand!

I''m laughing at you canceling a flight in order to rush back to the Chanel Shop!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results