shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a puter geek in the house?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My desktop puter is an apple iMac 27" with retinal display from mid 2015.
I've always paid for all software (apple and others) and kept software up to date.
Last week I loaded apple's new system software, MacOS "Big Sur" :roll: version 11.1

After the upload my HP Photosmart 81502 printer stopped working.
I just spend hours trying to get a fresh driver from HP's website but my printer's model # no longer shows up on their site.
The driver I had worked with MacOS 10, but not the new 11. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I think I need to drop my drawers, bend over, and buy a new printer.
Every printer I've ever had came free with an apple iMac desktop, and over the years I've had 4 or 5.

So ... what is a good cheap printer that uses HP ink cartridges, models 96 and 97?

I have a huge bag full of those ink cartridges.
Why? ... because a friend worked at a company that upgraded all their printers which used those cartridges, so they threw away their perfectly good new ink cartridges.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny I am not a computer geek but I wish I was so I could help you. I asked my DH and he is no help either, sorry. But I googled and this is what I found. Not sure it will be helpful but I figure it couldn't hurt to share just in case it could be helpful.

HP 96 & 97 ink cartridges work with: HP Deskjet 6840, 6940, 6988, 9800. HPOfficejet 7210, 7310, 7410. HP Photosmart 8049, 8050, 8150, 8450, 8750.

And maybe this link will provide some useful info.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, missy. :))

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Same thins with Windows 10 is going to start enforcing driver signing.
Now it asks you if you want to use the unsigned driver and it works after you enable them.
HP is refusing to sign a huge amount of drivers so a ton of printers are not going to work.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm a PC person, Hubs is a Mac guy. We're a mixed marriage household. Hubs asked if you have deleted the printer in settings and reinstalled the printer.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are not an apple household sorry Kenny
But its stuff like this why i really hate computers
Hope you can resolve it easily soon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a PC person, Hubs is a Mac guy. We're a mixed marriage household. Hubs asked if you have deleted the printer in settings and reinstalled the printer.

I deleted it, but I use apple's free "Time Machine" back up program with a dedicated external hard drive.
I think it backs up everything every day for the last 30 days IIRC.

Maybe I can get it back.
Knowing me though, even with an apple, it can take me hours to do things that you'd think should take minutes.
GRRRRR. :angryfire:

I'm in a mixed marriage too ... well, a mixed DP that is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results