shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the price/ct different for a 1.2ct and 1.45ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anika

Shiny_Rock
I posted before about upgrading my RB 1.23 ct to a 1.48ish ct if possible. The jeweller which I bought the stone from hasn''t quoted me a price yet as he doesn''t have any stones around 1.4ish in stock. He did say though that the price per ct was different for a 1 ct, 1.2ct and 1.4 ct. Is this true?? I''ve always believed that the price per ct (cut, clarity and colour being equal) was the same for a stone of 1.0-1.49 ct. This is the reason I want to stay under 1.5 ct so the incremental isn''t too much. I want to stay with the same colour and approx clarity.

So suppose I have a 1.23 ct FSI1 very good cut and I want to go to a 1.48 ct FSI1 very good cut. What do you think the $ diff will be?

Thanks for the help in advance. I want this upgrade!!

Anika

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, it''s true.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anika I did a search for you to get some idea, it seems that if we are talking GIA certed diamonds, a 1.23 of the specs you mention is around $7k to buy new, around the 1.4+ carat is about $9k thereabouts if that gives you some idea. Now the 1.48 you mention may be tricky to find as this is a popular and hard to find size, so you might have to wait a bit until your jeweller can locate one. Of course these are online prices and B&M might well be more money. It also depends on what your jeweller will allow you on the trade in value of the old diamond, if he will give you what you paid or less.

Have you considered dropping the specs to broaden your options a bit? You could enlarge the colour grades to include a G or H or even I and J if you are agreeable and maybe and SI2 clarity if eyeclean might turn something up a bit quicker. Also consider your diameter measurements as well as carat weight, a well cut diamond lighter on the carat weight could face up as large as a 1.5 if you look carefully, which might help too. Best of luck!

check out this chart https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mm-to-carat-stone-conversion-chart.17578/ this will give you a good idea of desired measurements for carat size and this might help you some more of what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results