shape
carat
color
clarity

Is tent camping near beach in San Diego County CA?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I are looking to do a long weekend for Labor Day. We really love San Deigo area but can''t afford to stay there. Hubby suggested camping. We''d be bringing a tent in our suitcase.

Does anyone know of any places to camp near the beach in a tent? I''ve checked the state park websites and everything is full. Are there any smaller private campgrounds? We''d prefer not to put our tent right next to giant RV''s if possible. If there isn''t anything with a beach view, is there anything inland...no more than 1/2 or so from La Jolla area? We don''t want to get too far inland where it gets hot.

Ideas hugely appreciated. Thanks!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, we''re going to be in SD during the Labor Day Weekend! Maybe we''ll run into each other.
2.gif
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi Island,

Finding a nice available campsite for LDW this late in the year anywhere near the ocean in CA is no easy task. I just did a quick search for that weekend on www.reserveamerica.com and there are two private campgrounds with availability, one is a KOA in Chula Vista that I know nothing about and the other is in Jamul, I don''t know anything about that campground either, but I do know that Jamulis hot, hot, hot at this time of year. Everything else is booked up.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Hello! It''s true things are usually completely full on Labor Day weekend at the campgrounds, however.... we have lucked out in the past by going to the campgrounds in the AM - and signing up on a waiting list. It''s been a few years since we actually did this so don''t know if it''s changed now. Our favorite campgrounds are San Elijo State Beach in Cardiff- by-the-Sea and South Carlsbad State Beach in Carlsbad. Here is the direct line for the San Elijo State Beach 1-760-753-5091 and the number for South Carlsbad is 1-760-438-3143 (haven''t called in a few years so hope the numbers are still good) - hopefully the rangers there can tell you if they still have a waiting list to fill the no-show camping spots. We always had so much fun camping at both of these campgrounds - oh and by the way... we''ve done that in both a 35 foot motor home and a 2 man tent. It''s all good. Oh, and the Del Mar Races are going on now! My favorite way to spend an afternoon. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results