shape
carat
color
clarity

Is small cutlet mandatory for EC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I was browsing over BlueNile Signature collection for Emerald stones. Everyone of them have a small or very small cutlets on them. Any opinions on cutlets in ECs?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
hi--funny question.......................just like every other stone NONE is best. However--just like all stones the rough dictates the end result...........i just bought an EC of superb proportions with a small culet. probbaly what you are seeing is just coincidence........an interesting question is.......is there something about Ec ''s that makes it harder to end up with no culet? dont think so but hey I am no expert--

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Hi windowshopper,
Can you give me the specs of the EC stone you bought. I saw a stone a local dealer today. Just want to have an idea of what others look for in a EC stone.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
kevinraja:

here is a copy of my post shortly after purchasing. now --the only thing that keeps my stone out of 1A cut range is the crown--its quite high but i love that so...........an ideal crown would be 12 to 15%

MY NEW DIAMOND AFTER A LONG AND PAINFUL SEARCH: MANY THANKS TO DIRT CHEAP DIAMONDS-- JIM AND JOSH FOR PATIENCE, HUMOR, EFFORT, MORE PATIENCE, MORE HUMOR, AND MORE EFFORT.................

Carat Weight: 3.18
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Emerald
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 59%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: GD
Culet: S
Girdle: VT-STK
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 10.14x7.51x4.65
Crown: 17%

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
That is one heck of a diamond you got there windowshopper.

I went to a local dealer today and had a look at the following stone.

Carat: 1.71
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 63.3
Table: 61
Flour: Faint
Polish: G
Symm: G
Girdle: m-stk
8.35x6.11x3.87
LW ratio: 1.37
cutlet: small

I have asked them for a Sarin to know the crown height. If it is between 10-16% I am seriously going to consider it. As far as the clarity, it did have a feather, which I wasn''t able to see in the beginning, but once I saw it thru a 10x loupe, since I now knew where it was, I was able to notice from naked-eye. I guess I will have to look at other SI1 stones to see how this SI1 stacks up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results