shape
carat
color
clarity

Is negligible flourescence okay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the_spartans

Rough_Rock
How much does a negligible flourescence differentiate a diamond from one with none?

I am comparing two diamonds:

1.75 carat, G, SI1, HCA 1.9, no flourescence: $12,348

1.70 carat, H, VS2, HCA 2.1, negligible flourescence: $11,767

Any thoughts on the better choice?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/13/2004 2:47:06 PM the_spartans wrote:

How much does a negligible flourescence differentiate a diamond from one with none?

----------------

Not at all. Terms like "faint", "neglijable" and "none" have the same significance in the language of differet grading labs at different times (I thing "none" and "faint" were replaced by "neglijable"... hope I am not turning these around). All mean - no fluorescence visible under grading condition, comapared to some standard inert sample.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/13/2004 2:47:06 PM the_spartans wrote:

1.75 carat, G, SI1, HCA 1.9, no flourescence: $12,348

1.70 carat, H, VS2, HCA 2.1, negligible flourescence: $11,767

Any thoughts on the better choice?----------------

G-SI
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When the GIA used to say "none" early every appraiser and gemologist was astounded they saw "some" UV fluorescence. After years of wondering why, the situation was cured by using "negligible". When there is none or very little, negligible, is a far better way to put it. Many old lab reports that say "none" are incorrect in a minor way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results