shape
carat
color
clarity

Is James Allen considered an online brick-and-mortar retailer or...

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Do they still have good quality items from there?

The only reason I ask is because my local Jared jeweler had a James Allen subtitle beneath it & I know James Allen only has a showroom in NY (to my understanding).

I do like how they have deals and I have ordered fine jewelry from them before (not diamonds) but honestly just curious because that was several years ago when I feel like they weren't as well-known, for example as BlueNile.

Thanks everyone & Happy Weekend :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think actual James Allen is still only online but it was purchased by the parent company of Jared. I would still buy online because prices and choice are better.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think actual James Allen is still only online but it was purchased by the parent company of Jared. I would still buy online because prices and choice are better.

This. My wife and I selected a diamond from the JA inventory that was shared with Jared inventory. There was a little bit of a price premium, but they honored the JA price with their price match guarantee.
Other than that, the reasons why we purchased from Jared was for a couple of reasons:
1. They had the wrap/enhancer that my wife was in love with.
2. The bench at our closest Jared is a very decent one...I understand that this will vary wildly from location to location.
3. We had a coupon code for an additional $500 off.
4. We got the JA diamond that we wanted at the price that fit our budget, so we figured that was the most important piece since changing the setting whenever we want is a much easier/cheaper undertaking if we ended up unsatisfied with the bench work of this particular location.
If it wasn't for the wrap/enhancer that my wife had her heart and mind set on, then we would not have hesitated to go to JA for everything.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
According to their website, it looks like James Allen has a new brick & mortar store in Washington DC

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
From far away and down underish i had no idea they wern't bricks and mortar
I see their adds all the time when im online

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
So would you all consider JA a legitimate place to buy diamonds from? The reviews look great and I've seen some of their commercials on TV.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So would you all consider JA a legitimate place to buy diamonds from? The reviews look great and I've seen some of their commercials on TV.

Absolutely. It's a bit more work to find diamonds that are "PS acceptable" in their vast inventory, but not a particularly daunting quest.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My wife and I visited the JA Maryland Washinton DC concept store with James and his wife (they are exceptionally nice people and very down to earth). I think about 2018. Maybe 2019.
James has posted here for the past two decades from time to time under the AKS Young Papa - they are anything but Johnny come lately.
The store was to test hybrid selling and as JA was bought out by Signet who own a few chains, including Jared, the plan always was to roll out a larger web offering via the traditional B&M stores.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
They are a legitimate place to buy diamonds. Their search parameters are imprecise and you have to ask to have the lab report emailed to you in order to view it, but they are pretty quick about it.

For engagement rings, so long as you select a stock setting, you can get the diamond set, have the ring shipped, and if you don’t like it, return it within 30 days. Other vendors have return policies that would not allow for that convenience due to time limits being shorter than how long it takes to set a stone, or saying that setting the diamond = a “custom“ order.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would buy from them. I helped my son buy an emerald cut diamond there before they were bought out and it’s beautiful! Just do your homework on what you buy.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
DD30126E-B423-4737-BD5A-DF6E872A62B4.jpeg 0C7576A7-1C1D-4673-A3CE-F782E6D9F1C7.png I also had them reset my engagement ring over the summer. I sent them my diamond and picked out a semi custom setting. It came out better than I thought. I would highly recommend them. Their customer service is very responsive and I like the idea of being able to track the progress of my order on line. Here are a few more pictures of the pieces James Allen did for me.

Attachments

• FA3C351B-E997-4912-9FBA-C360C14E2B5C.jpeg
    FA3C351B-E997-4912-9FBA-C360C14E2B5C.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 6
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results