shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it weird to send a man in the hospital flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
DH''s uncle is in the hospital with an infected leg. He''s been there since Wednesday and apparently they''re saying that he may have to remain there and miss his son''s wedding this Saturday
15.gif
. I feel like we should send or bring him something. My first thought was flowers because that''s what we''ve done for everyone else when they were in the hospital, but then I realized that everyone we''ve sent flowers to has been a woman.

Is it ok to send flowers to a man? If not, what do you send/bring as a get well soon gift to a man in the hospital?

Also, can everyone please send some good vibes this way? I''m keeping my fingers crossed that they''ll allow him out for at least the ceremony (there would be at least 2 nurses there since his DIL and his niece (my SIL) are nurses), but I''ll take all the help I can get!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
How sad that he may not be able to attend! PS dust launched and sent his way.

As for the Get Well Gift, flowers seem not quite right. How about a book, even a joke book, or a collection of news articles he would find interesting. And, depending on if he has a restricted diet, maybe a fruit/cheese/candy basket.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your uncle.

When my grandpa was near the end of his life and in the hospital, I sent him flowers and he loved them! He said they made the room less sterile and added color.

I aimed for masculine colors like yellows, oranges, reds and stayed away from pink.

I don''t think you can go wrong with flowers and its a reminder you are thnking of him.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my dad broke his spine we gotta a lot of flowers and fruit baskets. My mom would joke she and her children would never have to buy a vase again. I think it is fine BUT I would send his something more personalized if you can (a new book by his favorite author, his favorite candy, a funny dvd...)

ETA: SS we were thinking the same (as usual!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flowers or a fruit basket are nice or something from the heart. Prayers outgoing for him

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Balloon bouquet! I think they''re awesome.

If you can have them delivered with one of his favorite junk foods, that would be awesome.

http://www.ballooncelebrations.com/ has some awesome ideas (they''re in LA though)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Men enjoy flowers.Its the thought that counts and when i have been in the hospital i enjoy getting flowers(orange tigerlilies are the best!)and plants with baloons are fun...but chocolate, magizines, and books and the small gifts that kept me busy were most appreciated.One friend gave me a stack of jewelry books from the internet that i still read and appreciate...the books cost the same as a vase of flowers and keep giving a year later!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about an edible arrangement (www.ediblearrangements.com) of "flowers," and magazines or a book of puzzles (crossword, sudoku, word find, whatever he likes)?

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I used to work at a hospital and the the best arrangment that I saw sent to a man was a tomato plant! He liked gardening, so a friend had sent a nice pot with a tomato plant in it, (small cage and all) with a pair of gardening gloves tied around the pot with twine. I believe that a local florist put it together, and I thought it was quite original!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I think it's perfectly fine to send flowers to a man.

I'm not sure, but I don't know if balloons are always allowed in hospitals? I think mylar might be okay, but latex ones can be an issue. I'm not sure, but I vaguely remember hearing something to that effect.

Another thought, when my fil passed away, we received some Dish Gardens. They are a basket filled with a few nice plants. That way they can enjoy them for a long time. (Unless, of course, I am in charge of the plants! I have a black thumb and they would be dead in no time!!).

I like the earlier suggestion of books too - days in the hospital are incredibly looooong and boring.

I am so sorry to hear he might not be able to attend his son's wedding. How heartbreaking. Sending dust his way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results