shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it only me…. Avatars out of focus?

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
For the last couple of weeks, all of a sudden, everyone’s avatars are out of focus on my iPad. I never had this problem before. Has anyone else experienced this, and how have you resolved the problem? Thanks for your help.

P.S. I normally love to admire all the lovely jewellery pieces, pets, etc. in the avatars, but I can’t see anything clearly now :(

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Garnet Girl. I am not experiencing any visual issues on Pricescope. Is it just Pricescope, or also on other websites, such as social media?

Can you see the pictures okay?, is it just the avatars? For example, you can see featured photos okay?

Last edited:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
@MMtwo
The problem is only on Pricescope - I say that, but I’m not really on any other social media, Ha! Ha!
When a member posts photos , I see them clearly and in focus, thank goodness. It’s really only the avatars, a minor problem, but annoying none the less.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, okay, so my husband could moonlight for the Apple Squad. We're both IT folks, but he is the Apple guy (we're a mixed marriage). I'll run this by him once he gets home and changes out of uniform.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve seen what you are describing a few times both recent and awhile back.
It comes and goes for me.

eta:
currently:
blurry on iphone
clear on iPad

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've not seen that on my phone or PC. It must be some kind of setting but I have no idea what. Interested to hear what info @MMtwo can find out.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hubs wants to know your browser? Also, he wondered if Talpatalk app can be helpful. He also said Safari setting has an option to request desktop site. If it is not set that way, he suggested that may help. The mobile site uses smaller pictures in the cache.

If you want, he can give some pictures to show how to set Safari to desktop view.

If he ever decides to stop being a medevac helicopter pilot...LOL

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Avatars now look, and have always looked, fine on my desktop puter ... the only device on which I visit PS.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, when I enlarge them they are a bit blurry on my iPhone. I wouldn’t have noticed it unless it was pointed out to me and I tried to enlarge them. Wonder why?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Actually, same on my iphone. They are blurry in chrome.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I use Safari as my browser.
I read your link to File Vault, @MMtwo, but I don’t see that in my settings.
I’m quite clueless when it comes to apps, and I have very few. I’ve never used Tapatalk.

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, lets try Safari change to desktop view. He made you a video to watch how he changes it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The avatars are fine on my desktop computer.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blurry on my iPhone too, probably has been this way but I am just noticing o_O

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Blurry on my iPhone too, probably has been this way but I am just noticing o_O

I just checked Pricescope on my phone yesterday, for the first time. The avatars are blurry there too, but I don’t usually use my phone - the gems that are posted are too small there ! :) So I don’t really care about that.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The avatars are blurry on my phone too.
Oh no, my beautiful photo of Patricia Neal is out of focus!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Okay, lets try Safari change to desktop view. He made you a video to watch how he changes it.

Wow, thank you very very much @MMtwo and Mr. MMtwo. It worked!

It's so incredibly kind of both you to go through the effort of making a video for a total internet stranger. Your thoughtfulness and generosity has made my day.

Now I realize that the blurry avatars started happening after an automatic update - I guess the setting got changed during the update, without my knowledge. Though I wouldn't have known, in any case. what the problem was, and to change that setting for the desktop view.

Viewing Pricescope will be more pleasant once again.

My sincere appreciation.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It worked on my iPhone! Thanks so much for the assistance!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you all. Very happy this worked!
I will send your messages to the hubby. He really is great at Apple IT stuff and a sweetheart to boot.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It worked, Yay! Thanks so much @MMtwo and Mr. MMtwo!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It worked on my phone too, thank you @MMtwo and dh!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(before they weren’t)
switched to desktop view in browser (what worked for iPhone viewing PS avatars, even though it made the look of searching anything else up very hard to read)
and that change did not fix the avatars on my iPad.
:(
wah!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
(before they weren’t)
switched to desktop view in browser (what worked for iPhone viewing PS avatars, even though it made the look of searching anything else up very hard to read)
and that change did not fix the avatars on my iPad.
:(
wah!

Hi @Rfisher, Hubby asked if you mind sharing which iPad version you have. That information would be available under settings>general>about - model name? It is about third item down.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5th gen

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
If you go into settings > Safari > see if it has a page zoom and if so, what is the setting?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Page zoom is at 100, I’ve not changed it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Okay thanks, that was one thing he could think of. Clearing the RAM Cache might help too.

He wrote this up (in case you care to try):
How to clear an iPad’s RAM cache: 1- Close all open apps. 2- Hold down power button until the “power off” slider appears. 3- DO NOT slide the “power off” slider. 4- Instead, hold down the HOME button until your Home Screen reappears.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results