shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it okay to recline your airline seat?

Is it okay to recline your airline seat?

• Yes

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
tuckie|1409939159|3745512 said:
I fly about 90x a year.
The vast majority of this is domestic travel for work, where I, on principle, don't recline.
Some of this is international travel for work, but I typically am flying business class and therefore this is less of an issue.
A bit of this is international travel for holiday, only coach, and I do feel ok about reclining.

Just one gal's POV. I don't think the domestic-recliners are monsters or anything, but I do find it somewhat rude and therefore prefer not to do so myself when I can avoid it.

To me, international travel assumes you will try to sleep and so somehow I see this as different than domestic short-haul flights - I guess I might lump an LGA-LAX flight into the "international" category as well. Also, I think there is a vast difference between a small recline to change the angle of your seat, and reclining as far as the seat will take you. But this is just me.

This.

Yes, the seats recline, but there is etiquette. Most business travelings tend NOT to recline on shorter haul flights. Transcontinental is usually acceptable.

Many people work on planes...you can't work if the seat is reclined because the laptop is too far back.

On flights where a meal is served on a tray, you should also not recline your seat during mealtimes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results