shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it ok to be a tinsy bit jealous....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

razza21

Rough_Rock
Today.... a girl I work with just got engaged on the weekend!!! I was sooooo happy for her and knew right away when I heard there was some ''news'' in the staffroom! I gave her a huge hug and got the goss from the proposal and ring etc BUT..... couldn''t help but feel a little tinsy tiny bit jealous!!!???? I know that my proposal is possibly weeks away and as if the waiting wasn''t enough torture for me!

Background..... Nat (my friend from work) has been with her man for 4 years (me 1 and a half)
They bought a house the same week as we did and moved in before us and now are engaged...
We bought the house and move in in 3 weeks!!

I''m hoping desperately that it will be not this weekend(as we have a wedding on) but possibly either of the two after that!?!!??! He has hinted... but I''m really not sure.
36.gif

Sorry for whinging girls, but I knew you would understand!!! I just want my diamond (that I picked out last year in July!!!!!)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh honey.. I was WAY more than a teensy bit jealous when one of my coworkers got engaged this past summer before I did. I WAS PISSED! lol.. I could hardly congratulate her.

The situation was a little different since prior to her getting engaged she didn''t SHUT UP about the ring she picked out and whether or not she thought he had bought it yet.. blah blah blah.. and I was so irritated (and so was my now fiance) that he promised me we''d get engaged before her (catty, I know.. but thats what girls are!!!). So when we weren''t (We didnt end up getting engaged for like 3 more months!!!) I was sooo annoyed.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
It''s absolutely ok to be a little jealous! This is a really big deal and I think it weighs heavily on all our minds. But, just think! You''re engagement could be SO SOON!!! Pretty soon everyone will be jealous of you!
2.gif
It sounds like you handled it well, though, so cut yourself some slack!
9.gif

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Normal to be jealous, a little! I was never unhappy for any of the couples that got engaged before we did but I always, always wished it would be my turn soon. Seems like it took forever. Now that I am engaged I feel badly for every little twinge of envy I had before - every relationship is different, every diamond, every ring, every couple is special in their way and their time really has nothing to do with your time. The last thing I would ever want is for bf to propose because someone else had proposed (no matter how much I would have told you that "I don''t care!!! Just give me the damn ring already!!!" before it actually happened)
9.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Want to talk about jealous...

My bf and I went to a Superbowl party on Sunday and I was looking and realized that aside from one friend who had just broken up with his girlfriend, every other person there was either married or engaged. We were THE ONLY couple who were still boyfriend/girlfriend.
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I thought it would be okay until they started talking about their upcoming weddings...
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results