shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it just me, or are LOGR settings popping up everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Like on Etsy or Diamond Bistro..

link to Etsy

I''m definitely not certain if this is an LOGR, it might just be a halo that looks really similar, but it is ridiculously expensive. Just something I came across..

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very similar (I have this type of design) But who''s to say what it really is. I think that some ring settings are just copied all over the place.

-A

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Even if that is an LOGR (and it sure looks like it), they don''t have disclaimer that you can''t resell it!
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you look through her whole photo string, it looks like she''s taken Ebay settings (LOGR, Jewe2004), and just popped some stones in them, and multiplied the total cost by 2x - 5x or so. There are quite a few of that bezeled setting with the surprise diamonds that you posted, one or two of the oval setting I have from LOGR, and many others.

Kind of an ingenious way to make a profit, but it''s too bad there will be many people who will pay way too much (or even a little bit too much) for something they could have done on their own with a little bit of research.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It looks like she is either getting the settings from the same supplier as the LOGR guy or doing what LTP said. I thought ETSY was for handmade stuff? I don''t see anything to say that these pieces are handmade.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are people on ebay that purchase gems from various Thai dealers, and place them in LOGR's and lan.bo4's (and his other stores) settings, and resell them. They do sell, so it's a way to make a nice profit. When you think about how most jewelry is so incredibly marked up everywhere you go, you can't fault them. Heck, I know one very respected gem dealer that gets almost all his gems from Thai sellers on ebay and resells them for a nice profit. He buys the stones for such low prices, that people think his prices are super low, even though they're substantially marked up. He does find some amazing deals though.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Some of these settings I definetly recognized. This person is local to me too!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 8:47:57 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
If you look through her whole photo string, it looks like she''s taken Ebay settings (LOGR, Jewe2004), and just popped some stones in them, and multiplied the total cost by 2x - 5x or so. There are quite a few of that bezeled setting with the surprise diamonds that you posted, one or two of the oval setting I have from LOGR, and many others.

Kind of an ingenious way to make a profit, but it''s too bad there will be many people who will pay way too much (or even a little bit too much) for something they could have done on their own with a little bit of research.

That is what I thought also! If you read her listings, she never says that she makes the mounting herself or that she customizes anything besides your choice of gemstone. I don''t think seller''s doing anything wrong or mis-advertising, but I do think the markup is pretty sad.

Mark ups in regular B&M''s are sad too, but when I buy from Etsy, I''m usually thinking ''handmade...I''m helping someone with their own business that really cares about beading/(insert other project idea here) get their business started''. An analogy to describe how I feel would be shopping at the farmer''s market, thinking I''m helping out local farmers and buying fresh produce, but then finding out that they buy their vegetables from Walmart for a quarter of what I''m paying for.
20.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
szh07 - I agree, this is not what I think of when I think ETSY

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 11:04:17 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Exactly. I do think that Etsy allows things that should technically be considered ''assembled'' rather than ''handmade'' but its still doesn''t fir the idea of I generally have when I think Etsy.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
You never know - she could have bought one to make a mold from. I had a classmate in high school who''s mother did this. Without a trademark on it, there isn''t much of a way to know.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
yeuck, this annoys me.
I think it brings down the tone of etsy and what it''s meant to be about - I wish sellers like this would stick to ebay!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 11:14:53 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
You never know - she could have bought one to make a mold from. I had a classmate in high school who's mother did this. Without a trademark on it, there isn't much of a way to know.

It is entirely true that we have no way of knowing exactly, but she also never says that she is the one casting/or even personally setting the stones! I'm not exactly trying to gang up this particular seller or anything, but I've also seen an assembled LOGR on Diamondbistro which got me thinking that they are being sold in other venues besides Ebay.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don’t know for sure if that’s an eBay setting but that design is fairly common. That said, I can’t imagine that being something handmade, it would have to be cast unless you have a lot of skill to do so.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 11:04:17 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
ditto...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results